Thread: UFC president Dana White says EA Sports responsible for current MMA video game war

Default UFC president Dana White says EA Sports responsible for current MMA video game war

Stupid EA gets called out on their BS

UFC president Dana White has a simple message for fighters dreaming of competing in the world-famous octagon: Don't do business with EA Sports.

In an edict that started as a rumor on internet message boards, White stated after Saturday's historic UFC 100 event that he was "at war" with the popular video-game developers and that those that side with EA Sports will find themselves out of the UFC's good graces.

But perhaps surprising to some, White insists it was EA Sports that fired the first salvo in the still-developing controversy.

"It's easy to sit on the other side of the table and judge me on how I react to stuff like this," White said. "But let me tell you what – I've been in the trenches for almost 10 years, and I've been dealing with all these businesses, and EA was one of them."

EA Sports holds the publishing rights for several of the market's most successful sports-related video games, including the Madden NFL, FIFA, NASCAR and Tiger Woods PGA series. White said the UFC had hoped to join the ranks of those titles, but the California-based EA Sports declined to discuss the possibility.

"EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" White said. "'We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"
    Read more here.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

*Sigh* thats business...there was no reason for them to do business with them initially :P
    "I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake"- Descartes

Yeah, but they went as far as to dis the sport. Any fighter running with them now would have no pride.... or really need the money :P
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

hmm but it kinda dont make sense coz most of the fighters you would want to play as would be in the ufc's game and not ea's.

Dana has taken back his talk. The UFC is no longer "banning" fighters who sign up with EA for their game. Jake Shields is in EA's game, and he's coming to the UFC. Dana chats a lot.

Dem just confused... EA will get who and what EA wants.. Ps3 for sale PM me