View Poll Results: Choose your preference:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Better Game System??

Default Re:Better Game System??

[quote author=devnull link=board=11;threadid=829;start=15#msg7015 date=1054330319]Whereas on a PC you only have to ask a fellow for the use of his burner while supplying him a blank meium to insert into it (u knwo what I'm talkin about).

[/quote]

oh yeah right. Or three or 4 blank mediums. You can't use that as an advantage.

Thought since I'm a nintendo fan and I can't get playstation games on the nintendo. I'd say the pc has that advantage where alot of different companies are writing for it. Oh wait has everybody forgotten about apple?

Xenocrates rules.

[quote author=owen link=board=11;threadid=829;start=15#msg7030 date=1054350343]
    [/quote]

it wasnt meant to be the only advantage but rather one of the many.

In any event I am a supporter of the PC as the better gaming system. Look on a pc and look on the console, which is easily upgraded, which has better graphics, which has better sound, which has more processing power....which can be emulated ;D?

The fact is that I can mimic a console on my PC 100% but a console can't mimic a PC 100%.

It's quite a subtle irony that the PC is a more powerful gaming system and consoles have a vastly larger volume of better games.

It's like comparing women and cars. They're both complicated. We love them both, but can only make love to one of them. Yet, only the one that you can't make love to is the one that doesn't nag....

Aaaah......the ironies of life. :-\

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=11;threadid=829;start=15#msg7013 date=1054328295]

Take Colin McRae Rally 3 for example. I rest my case.
    [/quote]

As a CMR2 fanatic, I felt that one, man.

[quote author=owen link=board=11;threadid=829;start=15#msg7030 date=1054350343]

Thought since I'm a nintendo fan and I can't get playstation games on the nintendo.

Xenocrates rules.
    [/quote]

As for this you can get an emulator and all your nintendo games and playstation games can be played on your pc.

8)

Yes, but can you get a working emulator for a XBOX or a PS2 or a GameCube? C'mon guys. We're attacking the straw man here. The PC obviously has a far more vast processing power. There's no point in arguing that. That's like arguing whether or not Pamela Anderson has big breasts.

But how many good games can you name for your PC? How many good games can you name for Consoles in general? As far as quantity and quality are concerned, Consoles have long left the PC in the dust where good quantities of quality games can be found. Most developers aren't making games for PCs anymore. It's too difficult and too expensive. Even MICROSOFT has jumped ship! Hello?!?!

The Console market is booming. That's an undeniable fact. Furthermore, a console often costs as little as one seventh the cost of a typical PC. The title of the Thread is BETTER GAMING system. Not a better e-mailing, web-browsing, MP3 listening, programming, CD-Burning, DVD-Playing, productivity system. So all of you who are posting advantages of using a PC are wasting your time. You are not answering the question that the thread is targetting.

Lemme ask y'all these questions:

How many of you have had to turn down the settings for a game just to get smooth frame rates? (seanbee20 - DON'T answer that! Your system immediately disqualifies you from answering that question ;D )

How many of you has had to adjust swap file settings on your PS2? Or had to put more Memory in your XBOX, or had to buy a bigger hard drive for your GameCube, all because you want to accomodate a new game?

How many of you has at one point in time, BALKED at the hard drive requirements for a game that you want so badly?

How many of you has had to download a new version of directx or new drivers for your video/sound card just to get a game to work on your PC?

How many of you has had a game crash on your console repeatedly?

How many of you has had to uninstall a game just to play another one on your PC?

How many of you are popping 3 and 4 CDs for a game into your PC at a time to play a game when on the XBOX and PS2 you pop in just one DVD disc?

How many of you have to wait lengthy periods for a game to install when your brejin next door finish the game already on his PS2?

How many of you have ever read through an E3 magazine, or Playstation magazine or XBOX magazine and drooled over a game that was NOT on the PC?

How many of you MISS MORTAL KOMBAT?!?!

How many of you have ever sat in front of the television and saw a WICKED game advertised, and you say YEAH! only to hear the voice over say "ONLY on XBOX" or see a PS2 Logo show up and then sulk back into your chairs whispering under your breaths "da game deh probably stupid anyways...." ?

How many of you have ever been anticipating a game for MONTHS only to hear on the date it was supposed to be released, that the production company has CANCELLED the PC project and that it is only shipping the game on CONSOLES? (CMR3 anyone?)

How many of you have walked into a brejin's house and seen Colin McCrae Rally 3 in bountiful, glorious XBOX ecstacy when you know for a fact, that part 2 is on the PC?

How many of you have been playing those sucky RPGs on the PC and then get ticked off whenever you hear your brejin boasting about how TUFF Final Fantasy X is?

Finally, and most importantly, How many of you can afford a system like seanbee20?

- ROFLMAO!!!

Unno vex yet?

I think the majority of you guys are in denial. Denial is, ofcourse, the most predictable of all human emotions.... :

The answer is pretty obvious guys. The console is a better gaming system because THAT'S ALL IT WAS MADE TO DO. Play videogames!

I don't care that I can't send e-mail, or surf the web, or burn CD-Rs or DVDs or play MP3s or whatever you can think of on the console. That's what my PC is for! Consoles are TAILOR-MADE for GAMING!

Comparing PCs to consoles is like comparing Rice and Apples (not oranges).

Ok, you can start bawling now. :P

How many of you have ever sat in front of the television and saw a WICKED game advertised, and you say YEAH! only to hear the voice over say "ONLY on XBOX" or see a PS2 Logo show up and then sulk back into your chairs whispering under your breaths "da game deh probably stupid anyways...." ?
    that happens alot in the case of nintendo. GTA vc, GT, Tekken, FFX, Halo.

Ok i have to choose pc. Y, becuz most of the games i like to play are games that can only be enjoyed on pc. Now, one thing y i really hate console gaming is y the hell people insist on putting FPS's on consoles. Now is it just me or does it seem almost impossible to play like how u would play on a pc? Also, most i repeat most strategy games and third person shooters are annoying to play on consoles also. A game like grand theft auto to me will be a console game, becuz to me it feels better to play a third person shooter of that degree on a console, a game like max payne is a pc third person shooter becuz of the whole action base and stuff. Racing games to me are console games also, becuz keyboard playing is annoying, and there are some people who really cant bother goin out to buy a joystick/gamepad/race-wheel.
    Whichever you like really depends on what you like to play and what you have to spend. If u have enough money to spend and do watever, then u might just prefer pc, but for a simpler form of gaming which doesnt require installation and this long wait just to start playing, then go wid console. For me i go wid Pc, becuz my types of games are on Pc

Whichever you like really depends on what you like to play and what you have to spend.
    - Excellent point.

However, I forgot to mention one thing: there are some games that are best for PC and some that are best for consoles:

Game Genre Console PC Example
    First Person Shooters
    -
    X
    Quake, Unreal, 007 Nightfire/Goldeneye
    Platform Scrollers
    X
    -
    Mario Brothers, Earthworm Jim
    3rd Person Shooter/Adventure
    X
    -
    Tomb Raider, Gunvalkyrie, Enter The Matrix, Grand Theft Auto
    Advanced 3rd Person Shooter/Adventure
    -
    X
    Max Payne, Hitman
    Strategy Games (RTS,TBS)
    -
    X
    Command & Conquer, Starcraft, Warcraft
    Driving Sims
    X
    -
    Need For Speed, Gran Turismo, CMRx
    God Games
    -
    X
    The Sims, Afterlife, Settlers, Black & White, Rollercoaster Tycoon
    Sports Sims
    X
    -
    FIFA, NBA, NHL, NFL
    Flight Sims
    -
    X
    MS Flight Simulator, Wing Commander, Privateer/Freelancer
    Puzzle Games
    X
    -
    Tetris, Bust-a-Move, Chu-Chu Rocket, Adventures of Lolo
    Fighting Games (2d/3d)
    X
    -
    Street Figher, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter
    Survival/Horror Games
    X
    -
    Resident Evil, Onimusha Warlords, Dinocrisis
    Role Playing Games
    X
    -
    Final Fantasy, Xenosaga, Chronocross/trigger
    Massively Online Role Playing Games
    -
    X
    Ultima, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies
    3D Adventure Games
    X
    -
    Jack & Daxter, Rayman, Mario 64/Sunshine, Metroid Prime

Please note: this does not mean that games of a particular genre cannot be played on the other system. However, because of the limitations of the other system, playing that game would provide a great deal of tedium or would just be a lot easier to play on the system stated.

But what you folks must start to realise is that consoles are slowly bridging the gap. Massively online role playing games are now falling through on consoles. Particular emphasis must be made of the XBOX Live entrees such as Phantasy Star Online and a host of others. The XBOX is giving the PC a run for it's money in relation to massively online gaming. The only drawback as far as Jamaicans are concerned is that most ppl in Ja don't have access to a broadband connection (which is required for XBOX Live).

The games listed for PC that could also run on consoles are only listed there because they require a larger number of discreet input values (eg. flight simulators). Some games, such as Driving Sims are better for consoles because all of your controls are centred around a relatively smaller, much more comfortable, gamepad (or joystick).

With that said, you can count the genres yourself. Of the 15 major categories of games on the market, 9 of them are best suited for the console. If there is even one impartial bone in your body, you could easily agree, that the console is a much better gaming system, even if the only games you play or even like are First person shooters.

Also buy a "Game Console Controller Converter" for your PC. It doesn't work on all game but it does make the PC abit more game friendly. GTA3 plays much better with a ps controller rather than a keyboard or one of those all purpose PC controllers.