View Poll Results: Choose your preference:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Game System??

Default Better Game System??

Looking at the rise of Nokia's own gaming quests, and seeing those that we already have:

Me, PC all the way!!!!

Default Re:Better Game System??

PC .............. PC .............Oh how I love my PC.

hhhmmm.....

(Not That I use any)but there is an emulator out for almost every console so far. Yup

PC ... PC... PC...

I remember a while back alot of people were comparing XBOX with the pc. I was like.... huh ....

Then the PC jumped to 2GHz and 1GB DDR Geforce4 ti4600
    ------ silence -------

uh....were we comparing something here?

If you want to play games and a lot a new games a console will always be a better gaming system. In turns of everything it's cheaper, faster and the games don't out grow the machine. It has controllers and now build in 4 player ports. It's simple and it doesn't crash(well mostly). Some games genres such on consoles (such as strategy) but it's a dedicated machine and I've seen 5 yrs getting them for birthdays.

I remember a while back allot of people were comparing XBOX with the pc.
    Anyone who's comparing XBOX to a PC don't know their stuff, the XBOX is a PC.

I'm a will always stick to PC although Owen is partially right, but how in the hell gonna play all those... There are 1001 reasons why PC will still number be my number one choice:

1. Graphics - no console can be compared to the PC
    2. Multiplay - everyone don't have to look on the same screen
    Mi nah seh no more, mi seh too much already...

PC is and always will be number one

[quote author=owen link=board=11;threadid=829;start=0#msg6909 date=1054226675]
    If you want to play games and a lot a new games a console will always be a better gaming system. In turns of everything it's cheaper, faster and the games don't out grow the machine. It has controllers and now build in 4 player ports. It's simple and it doesn't crash(well mostly). Some games genres such on consoles (such as strategy) but it's a dedicated machine and I've seen 5 yrs getting them for birthdays.
    [/quote]

Cheaper, yes for now, but definately not faster my friend. I hate split screens with a passion. Imagine having 8 players playing quake on one console... yikes!!!
    Sure, the consoles nowadays allow you to connect via the net for multiplayer capability, but this is just trying to do something the pc is King at.

Remember too, that some multiplayer games on the pc allow diff. connections via your pc's serial connections.

[quote author=Ropy link=board=11;threadid=829;start=0#msg6918 date=1054230444]
    Anyone who's comparing XBOX to a PC don't know their stuff, the XBOX is a PC.

I'm a will always stick to PC although Owen is partially right, but how in the hell gonna play all those... There are 1001 reasons why PC will still number be my number one choice:

1. Graphics - no console can be compared to the PC
    2. Multiplay - everyone don't have to look on the same screen
    Mi nah seh no more, mi seh too much already...

PC is and always will be number one
    [/quote]

You are correct about the Xbox being a form of pc in itself.....
    but if you sue the definition of a PC : a small computer based on a microprocessor you are left in a quandry.
    Your phone could be a pc. You car's inteligence box could be called a pc.

Maybe I should have said DESKTOP PC.

PC gaming is best because...

The PC is constantly evolving and you can easily have many of its components (Sound Card, Processor, Video Card, Hard Drive, and memory) upgraded for a boost in performance. Once a console is released, it's locked down for its entire lifespan.

The PC is a versatile machine and u can do everything from surf the Web, check email, play music, chat, watch a movie -- as well as play games and multiplayer games on our own screen [no sharing]. BAsically you can multi-task. console gaming is just gaming or playing music or watching a movie, you cant do both or all three at the same time.

Games look better on a PC because VGA monitors and video cards allow higher resolution, and the processing power of the fast PCs, CPUs, and GPUs make games look better on the PC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Console gaming is best because...

console games are the original plug-and-play applications, no learning to use the mouse or stuff like that or no compatability issues with OS or slowness issues, once its made for the console it will run on the console where as on computers chances are you need more memory or processor speed proper drivers and so forth.

Console gaming is much more comfortable. Play in you couch while reclining. You figure it out.

No patching or upgrade of console games.Console publishers have to ship games that actually work right the first time. Sometimes pc games have to be patched or upgraded to be compatible with certain hardware which coul dbe a hassle.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Although there are three points for each system, each have nested points which may influence which one you prefer.

So if you had to choose one..... :

so consoles are the better gaming platform right? well if you don't or haven't owned a console or have a Geforce 4 FX 5900.
    I'd say that consoles rule except for
    • LAN parties
    • FPS (the mouse is more accurate)
    • strategy games like AOE