Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Webpage Designing

Default Re:Webpage Designing

Vi is a Linux text editor...

Any Webpage Designing Software that is very easy to use?
    apart from Dreamweaver

I'm abit confused as to what yall are refering to as webdesign software. Shouldn't it be something like photoshop? (Well photoshop doesn't allow you to edit the pages, but most sites are designed in some sort of software like that)

There is also a page editor in Netscape 7 that's pretty easy to use. But it doesn't high light the text very well and does abit of reformating. Some people use MSWord as well.

Photoshop is a picture/photo editor. It doesn't edit html or text files.

We are reffering to software that helps us create web pages in whatever scripting language. Notepad is the basic of basics. You can edit any webpage in notepad, if you know the scripting language well.

The other software that has been mentioned is more high-end stuff and has tools that helps the developer create top-a-di-line web pages.

As website designer and developer, you would need both webpage software (to create the code behind the site) and a image software for creating images for the site.

The other software that has been mentioned is more high-end stuff and has tools that helps the developer create top-a-di-line web pages.
    interesting tell me more...
    When you say "top-a-di-line" like google and amazon?

I didn't have anything specific in mind. I would think dat web designers would make top-a-di-line web sites and not some fool-fool site. ;D

I have found EMEditor to be a great editor to use.

http://www.emurasoft.com/emeditor3/index.htm

I remember at CIT (caribbean institute of technology) the only html too was notepad. If u cant use notepad to do webpages then u dont really know webpage design !!!

Now I think that's crap. Are you telling me that great web designers use Notepad to create websites?

I would think that WYSIWYG editors are what beginners to web designing use to create websites. While experts code by hand using thier favourite editor.

Using HTML editors doesn't mean they don't know web designing. It just helps them get the job done quicker. I would never use notepad to design a full functional site. Maybe to create a quick page, but not a full website.

personally I don't really like notepad. It isn't as feature rich as vi