Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Answers You Should Know Before Your Job Interview

Default 10 Answers You Should Know Before Your Job Interview

Although no one can predict the questions your potential employer will ask, you can think about how you’d answer some of the commonly asked ones. Here are ten questions for you to consider and a few hints about how to answer them
    Remember-- the job interview is a two-way discovery process. By doing your homework and answering interview questions intelligently, you’re striving to prove you’re the person for the job On the other hand, you need to decide--sometimes in the midst of the questions---if the position you’re applying for is what you want to do and if the company is where you want to spend most of your time for the next few (at least) years.
    http://www.dumblittleman.com/2009/06...fore-your.html

I remember couple years back in one of my interviews when I floundered pretty badly on #s 6, 9 & 10. I didn't get the job...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Job seekers pls take note/s.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

The one question in those ten that tends to pose a real problem is the salary one. Every company has a different pay scheme and unless it's a government organization, you can never be sure how much the company "values" its workers.
    CCNA looking for an opportunity

you must have done some research into the type of job u applying for. If u have done so ask friends or ppl in the industry what the pay stucture is like and how your qulifications affect the salary you get. based on how the interview is going and your qualifications you can then decide if you want to go for the high ground middle or just get in the door.
    hp touchsmart 610 1030f

Very good article. Thanks for sharing.
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

ya i like this....really like the salary one too just helped to make mi do interviews better
    ***Certified Computer Technician***
    ***CISCO I.T. Essentials: Pc Hardware & Software (CompTIA A+)***
    ***Computer Repairs LvL 2: (NVQ-J)***

Very good article. I've read similar articles on the topic of 10 top interview questions but this one is very straightforward.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Well having interviewed quite a number of technicians I would like to add that techs should make sure they are qualified for the job they want. I think techs should strive to become well rounded in terms of their IT knowledge, its very important when seeking employment.

Its great if you want to make some extra money fixing pcs for friends and family but don't go to an interview for a company expecting to impress the interviewer with a little hustling experience.

Some basic courses will help bridge the gap for you, invest in your own future.

Question # 4: Don't answer saying you plan to start your own IT company in the future! or if you already had one good chances you would go back to it.

Would not come off well

Question # 8: We know most techs handle stress by not answering the phone when their customer calls.

You can say you believe with better time management stress can be relieved even eliminated.
    There are no moral shortcuts in the game of business - or life. There are, basically three kinds of people: the unsuccessful, the temporary successful, and those who become and remain successful. The difference is character. Link me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mackspcsales

Nice article. I was asked all of these questions in my last interview. It was prolly after my 2nd interview I was able to answer all these questions well.
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

i agree very nice article. guess i have a better idea what questions to prepare for