Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crytek: Crysis 2 to push Xbox 360, PS3 capabilities to the limit

Quote Originally Posted by **ScarFace** View Post
    almost every gaming website that compare the two say the same thing
    err umm not quite. most of what ive read says the 360 is panadol to the developing headache and the ps3 is just another migrane.
    If You Talk About That Of Whom In Which We Do Not Speak,Have We Not Spoken Of That Of Which We Do Not Talk??

Soon Drop:P

Core i7 920
    GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R-SLI
    G.SKILL Trident 6GB DDR3 2000

Quote Originally Posted by **ScarFace** View Post
    hey im not hatin or ntn but fact sony ps3 is a powerhouse to the 360 if sony had make the ps3 easy to develop for like the 360 trust me it will be a mighty battle even ati who made the 360 gpu comes out and say not in so many words say that the ps3 gpu is far ahead of it time but because the ps3 have to share 256 xdr memory it hard u need read spec list and see how the memory is share in the ps3 cause the ps3 os use 96 of main memory and it dont release it back to the system there is so much in the bottom line bad memory management and hard of used in the devkits developers are just finding out how to code the software titles better, look at e3 09 ps3 games look at background how they starting to show damage more than 360 cause they finding out how to push the cell ps3 can show their 5 to 10 life

this what ea said at e3 same thing im trying to say

He then goes on to talk about the PS3’s potential, and whether more can be squeezed out of Xbox 360.

"Sony has a lot of good games this year. If you go to their [E3] booth, there's a very consistent, high quality product line-up and that will help them. I do think that we'll see developers inside the organisation getting to understand the PS3 better and I think that we're getting more power out of PS3 right now... I think that we've maxed out the 360 but we haven't maxed out the PS3."
    LOl ps3 gpu better than the 360 gpu lol, there is so much fail in your post scarface. now i know not to send my system to you to fix, cause it is obvious you have no idea what you talkign bout

xbox 360 has the better gpu by far

ps3 has the better cpu not by much

xbox 360 has more ram for video

ps3 limited to 256MB

xbox 360 has more than 4 times the bandwidth of the ps3

ps3 has alot of floating point

now tell me which has more power at gaming???
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

The PS3 GPU is utter ****ery...Nvidia could have done much better. The only saving grace for that thing is that is uses OPENGL, which means you can use software and SPE's to overcome limitations. You also have to bea programming guru. Compared to the Rest of the PS3, that GPU is just pathetic. Sony never run out of money, so the only conclusion is that Nvidia con them.
    Last edited by Nestersan; Jun 6, 2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Pezz go away with that old and inaccurate article
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Pezz go away with that old and inaccurate article
    everything is done by math even the software used to test uses math yout, nothing is inaccurate just need to know system specs and you calculate stuff
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    LOl ps3 gpu better than the 360 gpu lol, there is so much fail in your post scarface. now i know not to send my system to you to fix, cause it is obvious you have no idea what you talkign bout

xbox 360 has the better gpu by far

ps3 has the better cpu not by much

xbox 360 has more ram for video

ps3 limited to 256MB

xbox 360 has more than 4 times the bandwidth of the ps3

ps3 has alot of floating point

now tell me which has more power at gaming???

lol lol when was that info given you far below i wouldnt give bother developers ea ubsoft and rest say the samething are just understanding the ps3 hardware now and they have not reach ps3 limit they already know wat 360 can do n see it limit u really really need to watch e3 trust me u need the light
    Last edited by **ScarFace**; Jun 6, 2009 at 06:35 PM.
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

For one thing pezz the article says the 360 has 278GBps system bandwidth when that is only between the edram (10mb) and the GPU. Very accurate info indeed. The rest of the system has bandwidth similar to what the ps3 has and it might be even less.

Anyone knows the bandwidth the 360 really has to the ddr3 ram and if this is shared between the GPU and CPU? since they both use the same ram... failure. And the ps3 has some retardedly fast ram that either the gpu or CPU can use, with both being able to do graphics processing.

Pezz u read 80-74 and u say by far? And some ppl still say the ps3 gpu is more powerful but the edram and unified shaders help the xenos
    All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    For one thing pezz the article says the 360 has 278GBps system bandwidth when that is only between the edram (10mb) and the GPU. Very accurate info indeed. The rest of the system has bandwidth similar to what the ps3 has and it might be even less.

Anyone knows the bandwidth the 360 really has to the ddr3 ram and if this is shared between the GPU and CPU? since they both use the same ram... failure. And the ps3 has some retardedly fast ram that either the gpu or CPU can use, with both being able to do graphics processing.

Pezz u read 80-74 and u say by far? And some ppl still say the ps3 gpu is more powerful but the edram and unified shaders help the xenos
    SONY DEVSTATION PRESENTATION

RSX appears to be limited to setting up 275 Million triangles/second, anemic compared to the 500+ million in XBox360.

For main memory, it looks like Cell has about 25GBps of main memory bandwidth, and RSX is about 15-20GBps.
    For local memory, the measured vs theoretical bandwidth is missing, I wonder why? RSX is at a solid 22.4GBps for both read and write, good job there green team.
    Then comes the blue team with Cell. Local memory write is about 4GBps, 40% of the next slowest bandwidth there.
    Then comes the bomb from hell, the Cell local memory read bandwidth is a stunning 16MBps, note that is a capital M to connote Mega vs a capital G to connote Giga. This is a three order of magnitude oopsie, and it is an oopsie, as Sony put it "(no, this isn't a typo...)".

If you can write at 250x the read speed, it makes Cell local memory just about useless. That means you do all your work out of main memory, and the whole point of local is, well, pointless. This can lead to contention issues for the main memory bus, and all sorts of nightmarish to debug performance problems. Basically, if this Sony presentation to PS3 devs shown to us is correct, it looks like PS3 will be hobbled in a serious way.

The next slide goes on to say "Don't read from local memory, but write to main memory with RSX(tm) and read it from there instead",
    Last edited by Nestersan; Jun 6, 2009 at 09:51 PM.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

I doubt from the specs that there is that huge a difference in the number of triangles/sec between rsx and xenos. A lot of ppl like using the raw 48 shaders to calculate everything like there is a situation where all will be doing vertex or all doing textures.

What is main memory and what is local memory? This is a non-issue depending on the answer. If main memory is the xdr and local is the memory for the GPU what is the problem? It would mean the cell is slow at accessing the GPU memory but the gpu is fast at accessing the xdr memory.

Would like to see what the xbox memory performance really looks like.

U too lazy to copy the link from the page u got the info from???!??!
    All rights reserved.

yup much too lazy.....
    Listen and gain Wisdom.