Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A word of advice to laptop users

Default A word of advice to laptop users

If your laptop has cooling vents on the underside or even if it doesn't, it's best not to place your laptop on soft surfaces like beds when using it. The soft material will cover the vents and prevent proper airflow and cooling and you know what will happen when the heat builds up on the inside of a laptop I know a person who used their laptop like this and had to change the mobo.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Default Re: A word of advice to laptop users

Good Tip Chris. Many persons may over look this but it is serious. "What Nastro, I have don't it so many times and nothing has happened to my laptop"....Well, things sometime take time to break down. Don't let your equipment get damaged because of this.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Well if it still under warranty, it not that bad... imean is not like im paying for it...HAHAHAHA, otherwise pay close attention to this tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Well if it still under warranty, it not that bad... imean is not like im paying for it...HAHAHAHA, otherwise pay close attention to this tip.
    Don't fool yourself thinking that way When the manufacturer gets the laptop and perform their diagnostics on it only to find nothing wrong to cause the burn-out, they're going to label the warranty repair as "user fault" and you'll be billed. Besides, do you like the inconvenience of being without your laptop for a couple of days? Not me.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

When the manufacturer gets the laptop and perform their diagnostics on it only to find nothing wrong to cause the burn-out, they're going to label the warranty repair as "user fault" and you'll be billed
    Didn't know that, jsut can't beat the system.
    And wat you mean couple of days you mean couple of week, htat turn into months

I mentioned a couple of days assuming you had a Dell warranty If you're like me with a notebook that has no local support, you better have some links in the US or else it's more than a couple of weeks
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Its funny u should make this post Chris because the other night I was playing NFS U2 on my bed with my laptop. After about an hour or so the machine shut off, just like thta. I was like shocked and thought it was totally blown. Cause I couldnt understand y it turned off and I was running from ac power. Mine has vents but not on the bottom, they are on the sides. Basicaly at the curved section of th elaptp, so half of the vent is on the side and half facing downwards.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

even if the vents aren't on the underside it's still best to use it on a flat hard surface because that provides a means to keep the laptop cool all around.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

another tip... never put your laptop on your lap when you are wearing shorts.... hhhiisssssssss aggghhhhhh !!!!
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion
    another tip... never put your laptop on your lap when you are wearing shorts.... hhhiisssssssss aggghhhhhh !!!!
    hahahha.....Amen!!!
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.