Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Zune HD launched

Default Zune HD launched

From engadget...

That's right folks, the Zune HD is real, and it's coming this Fall. Microsoft officially announced the next iteration in their Zune line today, making it less of a tripped out pipe dream, and more of a totally tubular reality. The specs, which look exactly like that leak we saw, go like this: 3.3-inch, 480 x 272 OLED capacitive touchscreen display, built-in HD Radio receiver, HD output (utilizing a new dock -- not on-board), and... not much more right now
    Nexus S - Android 2.3.3 CM7, Jame Bond kernel with BLN, ext4 & full voodoo
    Bold 9700 - OS6.0.0.448

i had the tab open with the intention of creating the thread.. guess i'll just post a pic intsead..

Official site - http://www.zune.net/en-us/mp3players/zunehd/default.htm

looks nice to me, I await a review though i'm not on the market for such a device.

2+ years after the touch Microsoft finally trying to compete again ... imitate is quite different from innovate.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicakevkev View Post
    2+ years after the touch Microsoft finally trying to compete again ... imitate is quite different from innovate.
    Are you trying to say that they have imitated apple's ipod touch?

I was really hoping that this was real. Now that It's confirmed, I'm gonna get this as an upgrade instead of the 120Gb version.
    Last edited by Ropy; May 27, 2009 at 09:10 AM.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

i like it gonna upgrade when it comes out from my 120g (anyone buying). wonder what hdd size it gonna come with

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddie View Post
    i like it gonna upgrade when it comes out from my 120g (anyone buying). wonder what hdd size it gonna come with
    I was about to buy one of those. Try and let it go real quick cause it might become difficult to sell it.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

My opinion... I dont think whatever Microsoft comes with will ever dethrone apple from it being the leader of functionality, innovation and just damn cool... It's true that they are not very innovative. however kudos to the microsoft surface....

Apple is teh boss... and the entire base of their work will never be supersede by microsoft... call me biased.. but blah! lol

it looks kool thou :-P
    Last edited by Aldayne; May 28, 2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: merger

Question

Microsoft Zune HD: But Will it Play Games? - http://www.pcworld.com/article/16555...ay_games.html/

Quote Originally Posted by >>>| pcworld.com |<<<
    Microsoft's splashy, slightly angular, just-divulged Zune HD will play movies, surf the web, and snag digital radio feeds, but all I want to know is: will it play games? Redmond, Washington isn't talking...yet.

No one's touting the Zune HD as a gaming platform at this point. But it could be a gaming device, and I'd bet my life that it'll be at least some kind. In my view, Microsoft needed to announce the new mobile part's existence beyond the breathless clamor of the Electronic Entertainment Expo next week to avoid branding it a games-primarily device. Which it isn't.

It's a media playback gizmo, which — like Sony's PlayStation Portable (with the right hookup) — can output video to an actual TV. In fact where the PSP outputs sub-DVD-quality video, the Zune HD appears to support up to 720p (actual high-def).

But forget about the PSP for a second: Microsoft's says the new Zune HD's specifically designed to go rounds with Apple's iPod Touch — also a gaming device, but not (yet) battling after the same audience that constitutes the 50 or so million PSP's in the wild, or over 100 million Nintendo DS's. It's for you, per its market positioning, whether you care about a handheld version of Halo or not.

Second's up, and I want to spotlight the fact that Microsoft's promising to demo the Zune HD at E3 next week — in particular, how it'll integrate with their Xbox Live Marketplace TV/video service. Movie playback on both the Xbox 360 and Zune HD? Already confirmed. And then there's the Zune's tasty new OLED touchscreen to consider. Sounds like a shoe-in for a little recreational thumb-tapping.

Would the Zune HD be a viable gaming platform? As far as content delivery's concerned, why not? It's already being touted — by way of Xbox Live Marketplace — as playing with the Xbox 360 mothership. If it can dine on Xbox-360-dished HD videos, it's a shoe-in for game delivery.

Regarding hardware, that's harder to say (actually it's impossible, since Microsoft didn't divulge detailed tech specs) but no one really thought of the iPod as a games device, and look at it now, running games like Prey and bazillions of so-called "casual" titles.

=\

I wonder how much money people will be paying for the logo.
    I use a i3 laptop that runs World Community Grid all day.
    Crow: 316-2855 (LIME) Xfire: Napalmphoenix

I may make this my first MP3 player. Seems so complete to me and the pricing is right on target. Microsoft has done well by all indications so far.

I may pre-order the 16GB version for $220 free shipping (as of shipping on Sept 15) from Newegg.

Liking this device...

P.S. The Sony X-Series Walkman is great too but at $299 for the 16GB model I dunno...even though the noise-canceling headphones is a nice add but I could get the Zone HD 32GB pre-ordered for the same price.
    Last edited by Technoboy; Aug 13, 2009 at 11:27 PM.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+