Thread: Nokia 6230

Default Nokia 6230

Ok guys i bought this fone on saturday at a cable and wireless store in new kingston... was gonna go str8 to by unlocker to get it unlocked but when i search for network on the fone over at harbour view the fone picked up bought c&w and digicel so i thought what the heck the fone came unlocked *it didn't restrict my sim* the fone was workin on digicel's network until the time i got to workin in swallowfield the thing jus drop signal now i can only get c&w network and the signal aint even that great ...btw this is a tri band fone ...i'm thinkin to myself could it be because the fone is locked to c&w ? then why did it pick up digicel whole weekend and early this morning ? .... so now i'm stuck wondering if i wasted my money ... please people if u guys can help me out with some answer it would be greatly appreciated
    thanks in advance
    the ecanem
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

Default Re: Nokia 6230

More than likely the phone is already unlocked, cuz of the fact that it didn't restrict the digicel sim card !! try and search google for some reviews about the phone and see if you find anything about it having poor signal or losing signal. In the meantime u can go back to my thread and read the very first message and post the necessary details so i can send you an Unlock code for the phone.
    To be a Master, there must be Mastery !!

hey to me i belive that most mid level nokia have weak signal strength
    i had a nokia 3300 once form cable and at times the bar was liek low in buildings
    didnt relly use it for calls anyway only mp3s
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

Its simple willy - Cable and wirless have gotten smart, If u notice nowadays most of the phones they sell are diferent from digicel's phones. Let me explain cable uses 850/1900 while digi uses 900/1800. Cable and wireless v300s are 850/1900 and 1800. Basically this means that if u use a digi chip in it u will get signal depending on ur location providint u selected 1800. Here is the problem - most digi cell cites dont fully support 1800 as yet, so this is y willy got signal at certain places and no signal at others. While u are moving with ur cel it switches between many cell sites depending on where u are. So if u switch to a site that doesnt support 1800 then u will lose signal. For the record the Digi version of the v300 uses 900/1800 and 1900.

Dont blame the phone, it has nothing to do with the phone.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

PS there is only one solution to this problem willy.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

yeah get a v300 from digi

but then a again them moto flips kinda nice to have since i have been hering about them phone been flexed to the later models like turning a v525 into v600 things like that i have been bucking up on over the internet
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M