Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forza UPS

Quote Originally Posted by grim386 View Post
    The forza 750va is a 300watt UPS. I had the same unit with my CPU, monitor and router plugged into it and once i try starting up a game it goes krazy. it can't manage the power requirements.

you need about a 850watt or higher UPS... i did some calling roun and they said it gonna cost about 14-16gran
    I just realised this, guess i'm gonna have to get a better one. oh well...
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Maybe your system has some pretty high requirements or you are using a CRT monitor. I've got 2 PCs, a 17" LCD, router, modem and standard speakers plugged into mine. Working great.
    my spec are in my sig.
    a 300watt UPS can't manage a 600watt PSU, and a 49watt LCD under load
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

In my opinion, the software aspect of the ups is for those country that maintains a stable public power supply, plus most of those ups that are available for sale here are 60hz. We here in Jamaica operates on a 50hz which is a factor in the monitoring software.
    Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H .Crucial Ballistix Sports 8Gig ddr3. Llano A8 3870k Quad Core APU. 22" Acer 1680x1050 LCD monitor + 32'' 1080p LCD HDTV. Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Vapor X video card. Mobile: Galaxy Note 4.

It also depend on what you are looking for in a ups. I would think the primary objective is to protect the most essential parts of your computer system, so one would assess what are your requirements in that regard before going out to get one, and if possible find one with a 50/60hz rating.
    Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H .Crucial Ballistix Sports 8Gig ddr3. Llano A8 3870k Quad Core APU. 22" Acer 1680x1050 LCD monitor + 32'' 1080p LCD HDTV. Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Vapor X video card. Mobile: Galaxy Note 4.

I have tried many UPS vendors in the past and all in all I keep coming back to the market leader... APC. The others may be cheaper and sometimes have some novel features but when it comes to reliability of the unit and the quality of the software no one beats APC.

Sorry to hear about your issues with Forza. Their software is written in Java so that they only need to write it once and it is supposed to behave the same on any OS. If possible try the UPS and software on a different machine and see if you face the same problems.

FACT - If a UPS runs at 60Hz it will never run properly on a 50Hz cycle electrical system. Check the specifications for 50Hz or 50/60Hz auto-sensing when making your next purchase.

On the box it says 45 - 65 Hz input (auto sensing) and 50Hz or 60Hz output. Also +/-1Hz regulation in battery mode. Don't really know what that stuff means but I'm guessing this runs OK in Ja.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

If that is really so then it should be running fine. APC one of the more reliable brand that is available here in Ja.

I have been having issues also but from what Grim posted its obvious that this 500 VA that I have cannot handle the 620 Watt rig connected to it

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Experienced some strange behavior this morning. Everything in the UPS was on (well that's usual, even without it) and suddenly the Forza started going bonkers. It went to beeping what I think was the battery low alarm (about every 1 sec), then went to the overload (about every 0.5 sec) and was alternating between them a bit. I immediately powered down the 2 PCs and it went back to normal (no alarms). Thing is, input AC power was there all along, so I don't know what was going on. Everything is currently functioning ok and all are on.

Also I notice there've been some really frequent clicking at times, which I assume is it going to battery or the AVR. Is this normal? Could my PC PSUs have been getting such unstable power? BTW, the UPS is running through the surge protector I had before. Is this OK?
    I have had issues with mine also software seems to be fine my problem is the fact that even after charging it for extended periods when I plug it out of the outlet almost instantaneously it starts beeping.

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    I recent bought one of these as well, but I'm having issues. When ever I play Grid, within seconds the thing starts beeping like crazy. It I continue, it shuts down.
    Yeah I have that problem also as soon as I start playing a game it goes crazy. I would understand if it was not plugged into the outlet but if it is receiving a direct feed from your outlet should it be beeping like that?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I have been having issues also but from what Grim posted its obvious that this 500 VA that I have cannot handle the 620 Watt rig connected to it

I have had issues with mine also software seems to be fine my problem is the fact that even after charging it for extended periods when I plug it out of the outlet almost instantaneously it starts beeping.

Yeah I have that problem also as soon as I start playing a game it goes crazy. I would understand if it was not plugged into the outlet but if it is receiving a direct feed from your outlet should it be beeping like that?
    It's supposed to start beeping when it looses AC power, once every 10 secs. Any more than that and something wrong.

The game is milking the system and thus putting a strain on the UPS. You have an overload more than likely. You need to scale back somehow, maybe remove a couple unnecessary devices.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Yeah well it goes way beyond 10 seconds it beebs to a state of annoyance and there are no unecessary devices all I have plugged into it is my 320 Watt rig and a 20" LCD monitor so if it cannot handle that I think its safe to say that a 500 VA UPS is too low for me
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.