Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forza UPS

Default Forza UPS

Bought a Forza 750VA other day. Installed it and the software (Winpower) last night, but the s/w doesn't work properly. The agent part seems OK, but when I start the monitor, its window just freezes (sometimes before I even click anything in it). The battery usage alert window also freezes and stops responding when it opens. I read some posts and found out the s/w is outdated. Maybe it has something to do with the Java. Is there any other monitoring software out there to replace it?

Another thing. How do I calculate the VA requirements of the stuff on it (2 OEM PCs - Dell GX 150 & eMachines EL1200, 17" LCD, standard speakers, hub, ADSL modem), and also convert it to amount of battery time? Hoping that isn't too much for it.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

all of those equipments have a wattage rating somewhere on them, you may do your calculation from that. the more things you plug in the ups the less back up time there will be.

My advice is for that size ups, you should only plug in the cpus to save the hdds
    Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H .Crucial Ballistix Sports 8Gig ddr3. Llano A8 3870k Quad Core APU. 22" Acer 1680x1050 LCD monitor + 32'' 1080p LCD HDTV. Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Vapor X video card. Mobile: Galaxy Note 4.

Experienced some strange behavior this morning. Everything in the UPS was on (well that's usual, even without it) and suddenly the Forza started going bonkers. It went to beeping what I think was the battery low alarm (about every 1 sec), then went to the overload (about every 0.5 sec) and was alternating between them a bit. I immediately powered down the 2 PCs and it went back to normal (no alarms). Thing is, input AC power was there all along, so I don't know what was going on. Everything is currently functioning ok and all are on.

Also I notice there've been some really frequent clicking at times, which I assume is it going to battery or the AVR. Is this normal? Could my PC PSUs have been getting such unstable power? BTW, the UPS is running through the surge protector I had before. Is this OK?
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;

Under no circumstances should you plug the UPS in a surge protector. It is the instability of JPS power supply why the UPS acting like that. you also overloading the unit, luckily it have overload protection.

If it is possible you should get a AC line conditioner, there are some good ones from Triplite.
    Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H .Crucial Ballistix Sports 8Gig ddr3. Llano A8 3870k Quad Core APU. 22" Acer 1680x1050 LCD monitor + 32'' 1080p LCD HDTV. Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Vapor X video card. Mobile: Galaxy Note 4.

Quote Originally Posted by potoguise1 View Post
    Under no circumstances should you plug the UPS in a surge protector. It is the instability of JPS power supply why the UPS acting like that. you also overloading the unit, luckily it have overload protection.
    Corrected that little error of plugging into the surge protector. Actually, I don't mind overloading the UPS; as long as I'm not damaging - or shortening the life of - the unit. I don't need 20 mins, just maybe 5 - 10 mins to wait for current to return and power down (hibernate) gracefully if it hasn't. I control one PC with the other via VNC, so the hub's needed, and of course I need to see to maybe finish off something or the like. I don't think the speakers or modem take that much...

Any idea why the monitoring part of the software stops responding when I activate it? The agent part works ok detecting when power goes and returns (but the monitor contains the option settings), so I may have to write a script to deprioritize/suspend processes that draw extra power, alert the next PC of AC failure, etc.

Any idea why the monitoring part of the software stops responding when I activate it?

Not the slightest idea, I'm not a software person. I never used that part of those units. presently I'm using one of those old SP1200 that CWJ used to used on their PBX system. It uses 3 X 12 volt batteries.

I recent bought one of these as well, but I'm having issues. When ever I play Grid, within seconds the thing starts beeping like crazy. It I continue, it shuts down.
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Bought a Forza 750VA other day. Installed it and the software (Winpower) last night, but the s/w doesn't work properly. The agent part seems OK, but when I start the monitor, its window just freezes (sometimes before I even click anything in it). The battery usage alert window also freezes and stops responding when it opens. I read some posts and found out the s/w is outdated. Maybe it has something to do with the Java. Is there any other monitoring software out there to replace it?

Another thing. How do I calculate the VA requirements of the stuff on it (2 OEM PCs - Dell GX 150 & eMachines EL1200, 17" LCD, standard speakers, hub, ADSL modem), and also convert it to amount of battery time? Hoping that isn't too much for it.

The forza 750va is a 300watt UPS. I had the same unit with my CPU, monitor and router plugged into it and once i try starting up a game it goes krazy. it can't manage the power requirements.

you need about a 850watt or higher UPS... i did some calling roun and they said it gonna cost about 14-16gran
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post

Bro its a software thing, especially with vista. i also own a Forza ups but mine is the 1000va version so i kno with my pc i tried numerous times to update and configure the software but untill now nuttin, zip, nadda! So am left with jus runnning the ups without software n if i do use it it shuts ma pc off within 10 mins so i jus use it if i leave it on with sum torrents d/ling... hope this helps...
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 5.2Ghz|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe|G-Skill DDR3 8Gb(2000Mhz)|Zalman CNPS9900MAX|EVGA SSC GTX680 2GB| Corsair 32GB SSD | SG 500Gb 32mb| WD 500Gb 16mb|WD 640 Caviar Black 32mb|TT Level 10 GT w/25cm Fan|Corsair 650w TX|X-fi Titanium| OS: OSX $nowLeopard 10.6 {Hackintosh}|Ubuntu 10||Windows 7 Ult| DELL U2310 LCD

Quote Originally Posted by grim386 View Post
    The forza 750va is a 300watt UPS. I had the same unit with my CPU, monitor and router plugged into it and once i try starting up a game it goes krazy. it can't manage the power requirements.

you need about a 850watt or higher UPS... i did some calling roun and they said it gonna cost about 14-16gran
    Maybe your system has some pretty high requirements or you are using a CRT monitor. I've got 2 PCs, a 17" LCD, router, modem and standard speakers plugged into mine. Working great.

Quote Originally Posted by 3GigaJoules View Post
    Bro its a software thing, especially with vista. i also own a Forza ups but mine is the 1000va version so i kno with my pc i tried numerous times to update and configure the software but untill now nuttin, zip, nadda! So am left with jus runnning the ups without software n if i do use it it shuts ma pc off within 10 mins so i jus use it if i leave it on with sum torrents d/ling... hope this helps...
    Hmm. Mine doesn't shut off. I just can't configure the "smart" UPS. A message pops up when AC power goes and returns though, so I'm gonna use it to automate a sleep when needed...