View Poll Results: Choose the best option

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) Turn the laptop upside down and shake the dirt and dust out.

0 0%
  • b) Turn the laptop upside down and blow out dirt and dust with compressed air.

1 14.29%
  • c) Remove the keyboard keys and vacuum out the dirt and dust.

2 28.57%
  • d) Place the laptop level on a hard surface and blow out the dirt and dust with compressed air.

4 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CompTIA A+ Quiz #17

i will go with D on this one
    HP Pavillion DV6725us Core 2 duo Tl-60 (2.0ghz), 160GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 NVIDIA GeForce Go 7100, Double Layer DVD+/-RW with lightscribe, 15.5" LCD

The best way to clean a laptop's keyboard is to use compressed air. Turning the laptop upside down will prevent dust and dirt from getting blown into the laptop.

Correct Option(s):

b) Turn the laptop upside down and blow out dirt and dust with compressed air.

Incorrect Option(s):

a) Turn the laptop upside down and shake the dirt and dust out. - Shaking your laptop is not recommended. Some components, such as the hard drive, can be severely damaged by shaking.
    c) Remove the keyboard keys and vacuum out the dirt and dust. - It is not recommended that you remove the keys from your laptop. Their small size and construction means they can be easily damaged.
    d) Place the laptop level on a hard surface and blow out the dirt and dust with compressed air. - It is recommended that you turn the laptop upside down to prevent dirt and dust from being blown inside.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Nes rises to the top... as usual... Gentlemen, why would turning it upside down hurt it ?
    Last edited by Nestersan; May 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

ok...but the laptop keyboard is a mat right...so dust won't necessarily blow back into the laptop...just hold the compressed air at an angle that will blow it out...the turning upside down think i think isn't totally necessary but will work..
    Thermaltake Matrix VX, Athlon 64 X2 AM2 4200+, (2) ATi x600 128MB (temporary), Asus M2N-Sli Board, 2.5GB DDR2 667, (2) 160GB Maxtor SATA II

next question cause me well vex now
    Thermaltake Matrix VX, Athlon 64 X2 AM2 4200+, (2) ATi x600 128MB (temporary), Asus M2N-Sli Board, 2.5GB DDR2 667, (2) 160GB Maxtor SATA II

that the thing with comptia A+, sometimes the info is outdated or what we see commonly and accept as trend today conflicts with how it was was ba few years ago.
    laptop keyboards nowadays are sometimes sealed to be resistant to liquid spills, some not completely water proof but i can't tell the last laptop if seen that had spaces for dust to travel if i used compress air on it without turning it upside down.

but yeah, turning it upside down does no real harm, i would have changed my answer if i could.

there goes another twist

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    Nes rises to the top... as usual... Gentlemen, why would turning it upside down hurt it ?
    I was thinking holding it upside down and then to use the compressed air would prolly drop it or something..
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

like blaq was saying...laptop keyboards these days are sealed so it is a precaution but not necessary to hold it upside down

Quote Originally Posted by epyon_jm View Post
    like blaq was saying...laptop keyboards these days are sealed so it is a precaution but not necessary to hold it upside down
    You cannot assume ALL of them are sealed.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan