0 0%
  • Orange

0 0%
  • Purple

9 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CompTIA A+ Quiz #4

ps/2 can also refer to your power supply.. food for thought

Nah Ram we good I know the color difference I'm just not familar with the jargons thats all
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    PS/2 indicates the connector, not the device. It is NOT a trick question, one of the choices is correct. This question is supposed to be one of the easiest I'll post in this quiz. Perhaps the following image may help....

SO. You're saying they'd actually ask a question like this in A+?
    But on they other hand, maybe they're just testing your observation skills.
    I have a couple keyboards here that are white thru and thru. Wonder how someone exposed to only those would respond...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    SO. You're saying they'd actually ask a question like this in A+?
    But on they other hand, maybe they're just testing your observation skills.
    I have a couple keyboards here that are white thru and thru. Wonder how someone exposed to only those would respond...
    You are supposed to know this. If you wish to be a computer techician, you need to be able to work with all kind of computers environments. You may say OK, just put the connector into the same colour socket - but what if the connector is not colour coded...? Here's a bit more from Wikipedia about the PS/2 connector:

The PS/2 connector is used for connecting some keyboards and mice to a PC compatible computer system. Its name comes from the IBM Personal System/2 series of personal computers, with which it was introduced in 1987. The PS/2 mouse connector generally replaced the older DE-9 RS-232 "serial mouse" connector, while the keyboard connector replaced the larger 5-pin DIN used in the IBM PC/AT design. The PS/2 keyboard and mouse interfaces are electrically similar and employ the same communication protocol. However, a given system's keyboard and mouse port may not be interchangeable since the two devices use a different set of commands. Following the release of USB keyboards, PS/2 keyboards and mice have become less popular.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    one of the choices is correct.
    Actully 2 of these choices would be correct, but since the question says choose the best answer then the more popular of the 2 would be the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by juba View Post
    Actully 2 of these choices would be correct, but since the question says choose the best answer then the more popular of the 2 would be the correct answer.
    How so? Because I also only see one correct answer
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    How so? Because I also only see one correct answer
    hes right, i remember seeing orange on some systems (i think it was a compaq or ibm, cant remember)but purples was already the standard

Answer:

The color associated with the PS/2 keyboard port is purple. This connector type of the keyboard and mouse cable is also known as a male mini-Din 6. Both the mouse and keyboard cable would have the same connectors.

Correct Option(s):

d) Purple
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Compaq used Orange....the morons...
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan