Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your BlackBerry® Providers Speed Test Right Here

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    HV and all you Claro fanatics... I don't mean to burst your bubble, but those 3G speeds that you're getting from Claro are still no where near acceptable 3G standards. When you visit New York again or any other State do a test of the 3G speeds there and you'll see the big difference. Which is why I alluded to this in an earlier post somewhere. Why is it that here in Jamaica we never seem to get the true bandwidth or something close to it in relations to mobile data. GPRS is below standard in most cases, EDGE is way below standard, and now Claro's 3G is even more below standard. I will wait to see if Lime's 3G is any better... HV I hope you know that the speeds you are getting are just a Lil faster than what True EDGE speeds are... it's only because we here in Jamaica are so used to crap and substandard services, that anything that seems better or a Lil faster we make the world of it.. Anyways just my views as usual, you know me, Mr. Practical
    I think we have come to this conclution along time ago Cultus. But at the price im paying to the price you guys paying this is great, And since you want to carry it overseas for the price theyr paying i rather pay this and get this speed. Please note Blackbeerry service runs up to $80 Now i think you Cultus out of the 3 of us is getting the worst speed for the most money lol.
    Last edited by hv_thugg; Apr 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    I think we have come to this conclution along time ago Cultus. But at the price im paying to the price you guys paying this is great, And since you want to carry it overseas for the price theyr paying i rather pay this and get this speed. Please not Blackbeerry service runs up to $80 Now i think you Cultus out of the 3 of us is getting the worst speed for the most money lol.
    Which is why I am going to get Lime involved in this thread. This is utter rubbish and I will not be loyal to Lime and see the competitors offering better speeds and remain quiet... So I hope that this will be addressed in the very short term...

EDIT: Got this result this morning. Lime seems to be fluctuating alot. I was told that all will be well as soon as the teething phase of their 3G implementation is complete which will be next month. So I wont bash them yet. Hopefully I will be getting better speeds than what Claro is pushing on their "so-called" 3G network..

Provider: LIME
    Time 8:30am

Hey CrackBerry addicts tell me something is it that the Berry's WiFi throughput tops out after 2MB. I have an 8MB up & 4MB down connection pipe at home.. but I realise that when I run the speed test on my Berry it never goes beyond 2MB up or down. We have a direct fiber at work pushing 25MB up and down... and the same thing applies my Berry dosent go beyond 2MB... I am beginning to get worried... I am going to downgrade to OS 247 and see what the results will be like..

My WiFi At Work which is actually 25MB Up/Down...not sure whats happenning with my Berry's readout...hhhmmmm
    Last edited by Cultus; Apr 29, 2009 at 01:50 PM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Which is why I am going to get Lime involved in this thread. This is utter rubbish and I will not be loyal to Lime and see the competitors offering better speeds and remain quiet... So I hope that this will be addressed in the very short term...

EDIT: Got this result this morning. Lime seems to be fluctuating alot. I was told that all will be well as soon as the teething phase of their 3G implementation is complete which will be next month. So I wont bash them yet. Hopefully I will be getting better speeds than what Claro is pushing on their "so-called" 3G network..

Provider: LIME
    Time 8:30am

Hey CrackBerry addicts tell me something is it that the Berry's WiFi throughput tops out after 2MB. I have an 8MB up & 4MB down connection pipe at home.. but I realise that when I run the speed test on my Berry it never goes beyond 2MB up or down. We have a direct fiber at work pushing 25MB up and down... and the same thing applies my Berry dosent go beyond 2MB... I am beginning to get worried... I am going to downgrade to OS 247 and see what the results will be like..

My WiFi At Work which is actually 25MB Up/Down...not sure whats happenning with my Berry's readout...hhhmmmm
    dude u are seriously a claro hater
    "Being Trapped In The Cage Of The Human Mind Is The Worst Sin We Can Commit To Ourselves"
    Twitter | Blog (Work in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by techbullet_doge View Post
    dude u are seriously a claro hater
    I wouldn't say hater..that's a strong noun to use... I prefer criticizer ... I enjoy constructive criticism because in this case I stand to gain from Claro's improvement...plus I have done my fair share of media flack for Claro in their early days...you're new so I wont flame you for not knowing just need them to meet my expectations...
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

I wouldn't say hater..that's a strong noun to use... I prefer criticizer ... I enjoy constructive criticism because in this case I stand to gain from Claro's improvement...plus I have done my fair share of media flack for Claro in their early days...you're new so I wont flame you for not knowing just need them to meet my expectations...
    Well said my friend, well said...i understand what ur sayin n i agree fully that they are not meeting the customers expectations i for one cant use their 3g services cuz i have a N82 no 850 3g band in tht one suck but i have to live with it its taking them some time but they'll get it it didbt take digicel over night remeber?.......still say ur a hater though
    "Being Trapped In The Cage Of The Human Mind Is The Worst Sin We Can Commit To Ourselves"
    Twitter | Blog (Work in progress)

Umm if you guys are smart Claro would have to be one of your mobile provider this company actually giving you credit. I need claro to give me overseas on my pospaid sim and beleive me is one network i would be walking with. CLARO
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

CRAZY UP AND DOWN SPEED BY CLARO
    10AM IN EAST KINGSTON

HV, was that yesterday?

What is the lowest speed you have gotten and the average speed as well?
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    HV, was that yesterday?

What is the lowest speed you have gotten and the average speed as well?
    yes it was yesterday all test have been posted so you can determin that on ur own look at the first thread and look at the last.

For the first time my Berry having EDGE 8:30 am Mountain View
    Back home on GPRS 11:30 am