Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Post Your BlackBerry® Providers Speed Test Right Here

Quote Originally Posted by techbullet_doge View Post
    totally irrelevant but anybody see something wrong with that picture? it says C&W lol..nice rebranding LIME
    Well within scope, interesting observation techbullet. Not sure why that is happening.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by techbullet_doge View Post
    totally irrelevant but anybody see something wrong with that picture? it says C&W lol..nice re branding LIME
    big deal mi bredda... my phone is still saying bmobile... its the service that counts.... I have been doing some in depth research... and indeed toyanucci is correct... with WiFi... the Bold will max out about a 2mbps connection...so if you have an 8mb pipe, you wont go beyond 2mbps on the Bold... with 3G it also caps out at from about 600-900kbps... so in essence you only getting what RIM sees as adequate enough to enjoy, while preserving your Battery... makes sense in my book.... so that's why the peeps using LIME's 3G dongles will always experience speeds in excess of 2mpbs...

Question to HV can you upload a speed test from a Claro 3G dongle in the Claro 3G thread... I would love to compare... if it was already done I probably missed it...

Got this result on my Berry this morning. Haven't done a speed test in a lil while... but browsing is always super fast with LIME 3G... no lags...feels like I'm using my WiFi... I wonder which sucks more battery juice....3G or WiFi?

Last edited by Cultus; Jul 3, 2009 at 07:21 AM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

At thi point i'm tempted to think 3G, the tests that I have been doing showed that the battery got hot with minimal use as opposed to wifi.

in the long run though, 3G will definitely suck more battery because it will be constantly on where as wifi is only temporary.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

i used wifi on my bold and it reached 3MBps, i should have captured it to show you guys as proof.

Quote Originally Posted by crysis View Post
    i used wifi on my bold and it reached 3MBps, i should have captured it to show you guys as proof.
    What I would suggest is all those who have gotten speeds in excess of 2.5mbps on wifi and 1mbps on 3G please upload some screenies so I can send them back to my source. I have never attained such speeds on my Bold. So I wanna know if something wrong with my radios...
    Last edited by Cultus; Jul 3, 2009 at 11:13 AM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    What I would suggest is all those who have gotten speeds in excess of 2.5mbps on wifi and 1mbps on 3G please upload some screenies so I can send them back to my source. I have never attained such speeds on my Bold. So I wanna know if something wrong with my radios...
    i think i saw 700 so im sure the speeds can go up as much as wifi.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    HV, Lime 3g FAST mi bredda. Im still usin the dongle he gave me an I get 280kbps down consistently ie, at least a 2.5mbps connection. SO, I infer that phones like the bold has their 3g radios programmed to limit the speeds and thus conserve battery life. Cause think about it, for browsing and streaming, the speeds posted is more than enough, considering the phone was made to use mobile youtube etc. Even the great 3g iphone done get the speeds a 3g modem or dongle gets.
    Wow...Toyannuci I have never thought about it, but what you're saying does make sense especially on the notion that WiFi can max out at 3.5mbps on the Bold yet I am unable to get a full consistent 1mbps connection while on Claro or even while Testing on Lime?

Anyways I am gonna search the net and see if there is any support for your theory and if it's as you say then I will check for a work a round cause we FULLY breaking FREE this year
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

lol@fully breaking free.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1