Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Microsoft Already Starting on Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by zandex View Post
    The word Vista has several meanings, another one would be - scenic view: a scenic or panoramic view. Anyway, we all have that behind us now. Lets all welcome Sir Windows 7 with open arms.

I am surprise that you didn't appreciate Windows NT. Personally I thought it was something good coming out of Microsoft camp..And what about Windows 2000? That was also a great choice. As we move with time, we forget our history. Furtmore, Windows NT was never positioned for the consumer market.
    Mi done welcome Windows 7 and throw all the welcoming party already

Quote Originally Posted by phenom View Post
    u know it takes many years to build an os but from what i gather windows 8 wont hit for maybe 2-3 years to come and u have to take in adaptation time
    Eh, not really. With this, they already have a template. Ever notice how many Linux distros there are and how often the releases come about?
    I use a i3 laptop that runs World Community Grid all day.
    Crow: 316-2855 (LIME) Xfire: Napalmphoenix

Quote Originally Posted by zandex View Post

I am surprise that you didn't appreciate Windows NT. Personally I thought it was something good coming out of Microsoft camp..And what about Windows 2000? That was also a great choice. As we move with time, we forget our history. Furtmore, Windows NT was never positioned for the consumer market.
    Zandex, The problem i had with NT was the drivers. you could never find drivers for any hardware you wanted to load is was a pain to configure anything.With windows 2000 is was the coming of the wireless era and never think for a minute that windows 2000 would load your wireless drivers. i really liked the interface of 2000 still but like i said before give me XP and 98se anyday.
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau