Thread: Snapshot File Names Only

Default Snapshot File Names Only

I did this program that takes an image of files on the local or network folders. The actual content of the files is not recorded, only the file names and folders and file size. Therefor you will not be able to open the files.

I needed to no what movie files were on a server when I am not on that server.

This is like a beta program. Use at own risk

1)Run the app on server or on a machine networked to the server
    2)Save a snapshot of the server. (Do this by dragging folders onto the app. Drag folders that are to be snapshot) A xml file is created containing the names of files (full path) and their sizes.
    3)Copy the xml file with a .fes extension to whatever machine you want to view the snapshot on eg laptop.
    4)Run the app on the laptop and open the fes file. You can now have an idea of the contents of the folders.

The app is beta. I just add code to the up button and it is buggy. You can still navigate without it.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MQLXJTCV
    If you want to test it (it is in .Net 2.0 required)

Later I will add the ability to fake copy files from the app and drop it in Nero so that while not on the server, you can use the app to view the server's media and drop then into a nero file, and the burn it when finally on the server
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

This is like still beta. Use at own risk.

It is designed to help someone view any pc (basically files on it) when that someone is away from seth pc.
    It can be used to look at any legal files that are on a server like, owned movies, and owned software, or documents, for people who do not have access to the server all the time (due to business) but when they need to download a file or burn it to CD, they can create a CD compilation "offline", or even save a short cut to that file so they can find it quickly on the server. All this is being done on their mobile PC.

Well I attempted coding in the "paste shortcut" but the shortcut are not being created. I will test it on a different machine.
    I used the Clipboard.SetFileDrop to set the file (to be shortcuted to) but when it reaches the point of windows explorer reading the copied data (ie while in explorer and executing paste shorcut the short cut does not come out correct. (I wonder if it is some data that needs to be set to tell it it is a copy/paste shortcut operation and not a cut/past operation

Visually improved, got some icon code help from the guys at CodeProject.com, Big thanks. This beta may crash as a result of it, not tested on all windows os, only xp home. It basically use a primitive win32 method to load icons and reads the registry for associted file types and icons.

This routine fills the clipboard with a list of files that the user selected
    Example of output is "C:\file1"
    Code:
            private void copyFakeToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {

System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection output = new System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection();
                //Get Selected
                if (listViewOfflinePane.SelectedItems.Count > 0)
                {
                    foreach (ListViewItem l in listViewOfflinePane.SelectedItems)
                    {
                        if (treeView1.SelectedNode != null)//when the appliction starts
                        {
                            //if (l.SubItems[1] != null)
                            if (l.SubItems[0].Text != "")
                                output.Add(treeView1.SelectedNode.FullPath.Replace(":\\\\", ":\\") + "\\" + l.SubItems[0].Text);
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            MessageBox.Show("Please select into a folder");
                        }
                    }
                    toolStripStatusLabel1.Text += " copied fake completed";
                }

//Add to text in clipboard
                //Clipboard.Clear();
                Clipboard.SetFileDropList(output);//automatic clear done?
                //Clipboard.SetData(DataFormats.FileDrop, "");
            }
    The paste shortcut fails even when the file does exist eg "C:\file1" exists

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35EK5SCK
    -----------------------------------------

This isn't a fix, just a jury-rig till I can really look at this code. Why not actually create null files? And where's the complete source?
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

This isn't a fix, just a jury-rig till I can really look at this code. Why not actually create null files? And where's the complete source?

beta source
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TV78Q23X

There is a option to copy folders only
    I planned to use the temp directory if I must and create folders there and then "cut" them somehow.

In the options of the app is to:
    fake copy (use to add in nero) and paste shorcuts in explorer
    fake cut folders only (used to paste folder heirachy in explorer)
    copy as text (used to paste in notepad a list of the files selected)

I started implementing each of these

In option 2, I intentionally removed any file writting in case the user accidentally overites a file with null file, but a folder heirachy could be useful and he/she could paste that on the harddrive eg paste in explorer the following heirarchial folders --->
    Animation
    ------- Japanese
    ------- Disney
    Action
    Racing
    ------ Etc

For this option 2, I think I will create fake hirarchial folders in windows/user temp and then "cut" them

For option 1 with the shortcuts, I want the sortcuts to be accurate eg
    In the app you see a legally owned disney dvd that is on \\server\movies\dvdfile however you are not really connected to the server. You could past a shortcut to that server file, granted that "\\server\movies\dvdfile" was loaded to the clipboard. Problem is that the short cut file come up blank, as a matter of fact, a differnt file than .lnk or .url is created in explorer past shortcut, if any at all. (what did I do wrong?) even when you do have access to the server and real access to "\\server\movies\dvdfile"