Thread: Activision Leaves PC Gaming Alliance

Default Activision Leaves PC Gaming Alliance

Despite being one of the founding members of the industry awareness board, it's been revealed that Activision have now left the PC Gaming Alliance.

Over the weekend, a couple of readers noticed that the company's logo no longer appeared on the PCGA's website. Contacted for comment, the PCGA confirmed that "a few members have decided they cannot justify the budget (membership and staff) required to maintain an active role in the PC Gaming Alliance at this time." It would appear Activision are one of those members.

It's the second industry advocacy group Activision have walked away from in the past year, with the company leaving the Entertainment Software Association last July.

While the loss of the world's biggest publisher - and the people pushing PC stalwarts Call of Duty and World of Warcraft - is a big blow to the group, they're at pains to point out that that everyone else is sticking around, including Microsoft, Capcom, Epic, GameStop, Sony, Intel, AMD & Nvidia.
    http://kotaku.com/5210701/activision...aming-alliance
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

... Damn...

Now that's sad.
    I use a i3 laptop that runs World Community Grid all day.
    Crow: 316-2855 (LIME) Xfire: Napalmphoenix

Is what sony have to do with pc gaming? Intel amd nvidia and MS must stay, lol. that group looks sad still... capcom is the only one worth nothing for actual games and once they stop using their current development methods they too might leave. Might have to settle for ports now...
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

PCGA? never heard of it before this, what should they mean to me or any other consumer?

Arxan Technologies, Corsair, Razer and Logitech have joined as members.

The ranks of the PC Gaming Alliance continue to swell, as the industry consortium today announced that software piracy protection firm Arxan Technologies, hardware maker Corsair and peripheral maker Logitech have joined as members.

In addition, peripheral maker Razer has joined the organization's board.

"These companies join others in the gaming ecosystem to push the PC gaming industry forward for the benefit of consumers world-wide," the non-profit consortium said in today's announcement. "Their contributions will keep PC gaming at the forefront of the industry, help it to overcome its challenges, and continue to fulfill its limitless potential.

Other PC Gaming Alliance members include AMD, Intel, Dell, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Capcom, Sony DADC, GameStop and Gas Powered Games, with the organization billing itself as "the authoritative voice of PC Gaming world-wide." The consortium also offers yearly reports on the state of PC gaming, the last of which declared that the worldwide PC gaming software market pulled in some $13.1 billion during 2009.
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63783
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor