Thread: Demigod: The official Thread

Default Demigod: The official Thread

This game is a LOT like dota for warcraft 3. U have points u cap, get support and 1 main hero vs another team of heroes who do the same. U kill a hero they respawn, and u level-up etc. I would have liked a proper single player mode to this game tho; just seems a way to cop out on good sp game design. That is, they let MP be the main focus and the single player is just similar to what the mp is - let the players make their own fun with the tools we have. The story could have been fleshed out a bit in sp.

In the battle for godhood, these warriors command minions to do their bidding.

Demigod is the latest hybrid of the role-playing and real-time strategy genres. First made popular by the Warcraft III mod Defense of the Ancients, Demigod looks to flesh out this formula as you take control of giant hero characters. The assassins, the first hero class, are larger-than-life warriors, meant to inflict maximum damage at close range. Assassins gameplay is akin to traditional action role-playing games in which you right-click your way to victory.

Demigod blends together action-RPGs and RTS games.
    Developer Gas Powered Games stopped by to give us our first look at the second hero class, generals. Generals are weaker when in close combat and prefer to inflict damage from a distance. To do so, they summon and command minions that can be ordered about the battlefield to do your bidding. Generals gameplay is similar to that of an RTS game in which you click on multiple units and send them to perform different tasks. Though the gameplay of assassins and generals isn't as deep as you would see in a dedicated action RPG like Diablo III or a true RTS game like Command & Conquer, Gas Powered Games is hoping that blending these two elements will make for a unique and addictive multiplayer experience.
    Demigod Q&A: Assassins, Generals, and Open Betas

It has a lan option that hopefully works over hamachi so we can get some dota style, dow 2 style gameplay in

I kinda wish all the demigods were a bit larger, like rook (the giant stone guy). Doesnt seem right having them near the same size as their minions.

EDIT: THIS GAME IS EXACTLY LIKE DOTA. just with much better graphics. All the dota ppl we need to start a hamachi network
    Last edited by semitop; Apr 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Maybe i give it a try... How is it so far? Is the Gameplay any good??

gameplay is aight. Single player is kinda boring with just ai so hoping the mp is fun.
    All rights reserved.

its short tho i just tried it i think they should have made games longer tho cause it seems too easy to beat n maps are small tho it has lots of potential

Its not really meant to be a single player game. How great a multiplayer game it is, i still don't know.
    All rights reserved.

looks really interesting tho anything about the mp guys?
    BB:Pin pm me

Demigod v1.01 update released

An updated version of Gas Powered Games popular PC action/strategy game Demigod was released today. In Demigod, players take on the role of a powerful demigod whose objective is to defeat similarly powerful opponents in a quest to ascend into the pantheon of the gods.

The new version of Demigod has focused largely on significantly improving the on-line experience of Demigod based on player feedback.

Version 1.01 includes a host of new features and improvements to the game including:
    Improved on-line connectivity
    Significantly improved computer AI
    Better in game detection between those who quit a game versus those who get disconnected
    Reduced bandwidth requirements
    More robust storing of online statistics (favor points, achievements, rankings, etc.)
    Better queuing of player actions in game.
    Lots of misc. improvements
    Players can update their game via Impulse, and more information about Demigod can be found at www.demigodthegame.com.

>>>| source |<<< ~ neowin.net