Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii usb/hdd loader info

Hey Techjamaican?

I have a new version of the USB loader GUI version and it's much better than the previous. Check it out.

This loader is based on the original by Waninkoko (v1.1) with many features of his v1.5. So far SD-support is not implemented.

I hope we can grant most of your wishes and we will try to keep your suggestions in mind. Anyway we are thankfull for all suggestions, bug reports etc. I know that there will be modifications soon but PLEASE don't post all of them here. If it's some good feature or something that helps to improove this loader talk to one of us first and then post it.

Coders/Members: Dimok, Neorame, WiiShizza, Hungyip, nIxxx, giantpune and Cyrex

Changelog (important changes only): rev98

* little correction of the main menu buttons
    * added credit window
    * changed scrolling now you need to press B and you can scroll
    * changed lock now you will see the Install Button but it does nothing if password wasn´t entered
    * inserted keyboard to enter password (still the same "AB121B"), if the password is wrong or not entered the install and delete buttons are disappearing
    * fixed excite truck bug (THX to 56killer)
    * fixed some buttons and positions

Features:

* disable install/delete (to enable it go to settings and press AB121B)
    * GUI is completely based on the awesome libwiigui
    * GUI is designed like the orignal Nintendo Wii Menü (main menu and settings menu)
    * loads game boxart and cd covers from the SD-card
    * boxart fades into the screen
    * cd covers (if the have the correct size and shape) will look awesome while they are spinning smile.gif
    * disc slot lightup in game menu

Buglist:

Please enter every bug you notice in the "Issues" section of googlecode HERE

* "Go Diego go Great dinasour rescue" doesn't run on the loader(NTSC Wii/ NTSC game/ not patched).
    * pressing the power button on wiimote doesn't really shutdown the wii (green power light on wii stays on but screen shows nothing)
    * after locking install/delete there are two buttons, one says "OK" and the other says nothing
    * after locking install/delete starting a game freezes the wii (game was Wii Music)
    * if you unlock and then lock again delete/install you can still add and delete.
    * scrollbar isn't acting correct when you grab the bar ("acting weird")
    * longer loading time through forwader
    * sometimes freezes the wii (depends on the low resources of the wii, will be fixed by code optimization but doesn't seem to happen on every wii)

Wishlist:

* diskslot lightup when installation of a game finished
    * dark overlay for the backup during WindowPrompt instead of white one
    * customizable button mapping via config (for install/delete/parentcontroll etc.)
    * implement save settings to SD-card
    * theme support
    * downloadable covers (on/off in settings)
    * channel animations instead of boxarts (read the Opening.BNR from the ISO)
    * favorite games/categorize games
    * change keymapping on the d-pad
    * set the behav. of the "Wii"button in settings (to HBC or Wii Menu)
    * widescreen support
    * include titles.txt
    * "childmode"
    * scrolling text for longer gamenames

Boxarts/DVD covers:

* Boxart images need a resolution of 160x224 and must be place in SDRoot:/images/
    * DVD covers image need a resolution of 160x160 and must be placed in SDRoot:/images/disc/
    * DVD and Boxart images must both named like this RUUXEP.png for example (6digit GameID) or 3digit GameID or it loads the default.
    * DVD covers should be centered with a transparent background for better look.

DOWNLOADS:

USB ISO Loader GUI: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/attac...5&d=1240294306

Giantpune's 500 Disc Cover Pack: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1LDOBQKI

ppmies's 1418 Box Art Pack: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FNPJAZYF

Quote Originally Posted by venomhotboy View Post
    Yes you can. But i still dont recommend it yet. There are some bugs and issues that need to be sort out properly. I did the upgrade by wanniko but then i downgrade it back. I think the 3.2 works flawlessly.

The 4.0 only have SDHC support and we can do that now with rev 10.

Regards
    venom
    been using it n i hav no prob at all
    Video Game Technician in Jamaica 3968609
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case/ASUS Rampage Formula 2 /Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 oc 3.6/ZALMAN CNPS9700/8GB G-Skill ripjaw DDR3 1600/EVGA GeForce GTX super oc 470 edition /SAMSUNG Black 32" Widescreen hdtv/etc/

@ scarface.

Well i didn't say it doesn't work. But I personally wont upgrade yet because i will lose all my MAD themes on my wii. .

I see that over 1000 view my post but no comments. So i guess that everyone is satisfied then?

Venom

So everyone is ok with the new version? I am glad Well i am going back to play.

Venom

Hey Venom, just a few quick wiinoob questions....

If I already have the wii latest update, can I/how to roll it back to 3.2 or 3.1?

Also, will any usb HD work, or is there certain ones to avoid?

Peace
    Mission Complete!!

Well INQ1

I am sorry but there you can't downgrade back without homebrew channel. Did you have the homebrew channel already? If you did then you can roll back given that you have install the IOS files before upgrade. The USB loader i have post are the best so I recommend that you use that one. Well anymore question just ask.

Venom

I sat for hours and worked on setting this up and once done... I am not in the least bit disappointed....

250GB hard drive that I'm jus loading up with games...

Nice. I am glad that i help you out

Venom

i have a big problem i cant seem to mod mine at all i have 4.0u and i keep on getting "ret" errors , i did use the anytitle deleter and tried to get rid on ios249 but cho mi tired a now
    self proclaimed GADGETking
    berries useful but sometimes make me sick, apples are better but cliding, so im not part a the fruity alliance heres my bbpin:null
    make the link (876) 386-0468 or dtgo4eva@gmail.com--

Quote Originally Posted by dtgo View Post
    i have a big problem i cant seem to mod mine at all i have 4.0u and i keep on getting "ret" errors , i did use the anytitle deleter and tried to get rid on ios249 but cho mi tired a now
    Hey did you get it sorted out? Let me know I can help you out.

Venom
    fr St. Mary
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 11, 2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: removed image