Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm Looking For Some Visual Web Developer Video Tutorials Starting From The Basics

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    Hey, I am warning you, you are fooling yourself if you think you can learn from videos alone.
    Nah man I have been around some people who code and not even for a second am I going to delude myself that videos will set me free initially I only had the intention of learning VWD only and no further the only reason why I even asked about the coding thing as I posted in the beginning of the thread I noticed in the VWD tutorials they often had tutorials involving others codes such as Visual C+ & Visual C# so I was wondering if the design was like that due to it being an overall Visual Studio package or is there some level of knowledge whether basic, intermediate etc.... needed to actually properly utilize Visual Wed Developer but I guess that kinda got lost somewhere along all the explanation.

Basically if I require a good level of knowledge of programming language I would just leave VWD alone but if I would just be required to know the basics then I could give it a try
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Basically if I require a good level of knowledge of programming language I would just leave VWD alone but if I would just be required to know the basics then I could give it a try
    You dont require any good level of knowledge of programming language. You can start as a beginner. For example on this video tutorial site:
    http://www.asp.net/LEARN/videos/

Just start at the section for beginners (Videos for ASP.NET 2.0 Beginners using Visual Web Developer 2005). They even teach how to use the IDE. Anyone can learn it
    Code King aka Code WizZzard: Motivated By The Challenge, Driven By The Will To Succeed.

In The Land Of Programmers, The Code WizZzard Is KING. Sen on anything VB

Quote Originally Posted by recursion View Post
    In what way is VB.NET functionally superior to C#? It's only easier to learn if you're coming from a VB background. It's really up to the individual and if there was a no brainer it'd be choosing C#.
    See. Even recursion tha gr8 agrees to learn C#. But the main difference between VB.NET and C# is comprehension and efficiency. VB makes things kinda easier to understand, but its ALOT more typing and stuff. C# is less typing for you but takes a bit longer to get used to (I think this was bcuz I had a QBasic background).

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Thanks Knight finding reading material is not an issue for me actually I'm trying to get as much video tutorials as I can but if that falls through then reading material would be the next option
    IMO, the reading/video material doesn't really matter till you get your hands dirty actually coding stuff. So get the VWD Express or whatever and start doing. That's when you will really get what its all about.

And you won't go "deep" in any language at all. For me, programming is about getting the concept of algorithmic problem solving, which is language independent. When you learn a lang you just study the format, etc. You don't study the in depth libraries till you need them (you'll forget many of em after using anyway).
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

learn ASM. u can do anything and everything that those languages cant do

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    VB makes things kinda easier to understand, but its ALOT more typing and stuff.
    Who cares when you have Intellisense?
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us