Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Looking For Some Visual Web Developer Video Tutorials Starting From The Basics

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Well I'll take a little from what I got from both you guys I'll start with vb.net since its easier and if anything move on to Visual C# thanks guys. So Psybuck do you have any source for vb.net video tutorials?
    Trust me asp.net is the only website you need. You can also download couple ebooks to work with. I suggest you try any of the Microsoft step-by-step series. you can't go wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Actually you kinda have it wrong there. C# and VB are programming languages that use the .NET framework. ASP.NET is a web application framework and so is utilized by your language of choice. And it'll be somewhat difficult if you try doing both VB and C# as there're some differences in each that can cause some bugs that make you rip your hair out. Believe me, I did QBasic back in the day. It was hellish converting to C#, but I finally did it. Still have some relapses now and then. I think the best you can do is determine your area of interest. If you wanna program MS Office and some other Microsoft products, learn VB. If you want a much wider area, Linux stuff, etc, learn C++, then C#.
    Ok, Anubis, if you want to limit yourself to C# thats ur business. If you want a language that can go beyond web develepment and desktop application development and is the easiest to learn, then go VB.NET. It's a no brainer.

I am a fan of C# and I use it sometimes. I do C, C++ and Java also, but choosing C# may turn u off from the whole thing after you begin. Trust me. QBasic is like how Adam is to man, a far ancestor. VB.NET and C# are closer than ever. You even have convertors on the net that can translate from one language to another, so you can even try learning both as you go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    OK. You want it simplified? No more diplomacy. LEARN C#. Its the best choice.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    Ok, Anubis, if you want to limit yourself to C# thats ur business. If you want a language that can go beyond web develepment and desktop application development and is the easiest to learn, then go VB.NET. It's a no brainer.
    In what way is VB.NET functionally superior to C#? It's only easier to learn if you're coming from a VB background. It's really up to the individual and if there was a no brainer it'd be choosing C#.
    28620899862803482534211706798 pi 101

I've got a visual basic book which is what got me started in the fiend in the 90's. Could sell you for 500 if you want. I plan to post some of my old programming books for sale.. just time to do it..

Thanks Knight finding reading material is not an issue for me actually I'm trying to get as much video tutorials as I can but if that falls through then reading material would be the next option
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

A good place to start is here
    http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/default.asp
    Code King aka Code WizZzard: Motivated By The Challenge, Driven By The Will To Succeed.

In The Land Of Programmers, The Code WizZzard Is KING. Sen on anything VB

Quote Originally Posted by recursion View Post
    In what way is VB.NET functionally superior to C#? It's only easier to learn if you're coming from a VB background. It's really up to the individual and if there was a no brainer it'd be choosing C#.
    I did not say VB.NET was functionally superior, afterall they both compile to MSIL. Anyways, I was just saying that VB.NET is easier to learn than C#, whether you have a VB background or not. That is a fact that cannot be argued against. Also, in Jamaica I have never come across a business that use C# - not to say there arent businesses in Ja who dont use it. It simply means that VB has good adoption in Jamaica versus C#.

Thanks Knight finding reading material is not an issue for me actually I'm trying to get as much video tutorials as I can but if that falls through then reading material would be the next option
    Videos alone will not do youth. The videos should be used in conjunction with reading material. Otherwise, the videos will confuse you rather than help you.
    Last edited by psybuck2002us; Apr 14, 2009 at 09:47 AM.

Yeah Toxx I know that site its good but to my knowledge there are no video tutorials on that site
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxXxic View Post
    A good place to start is here
    http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/default.asp
    Good tutorial link. Looking through it though and I don't like the fact that they tie in the code with the HTML. I promote code abstarction and so always keep my code in a seperate .vb file. The only time I mix code and HTML is when I use repeaters.

Yeah Toxx I know that site its good but to my knowledge there are no video tutorials on that site
    Hey, I am warning you, you are fooling yourself if you think you can learn from videos alone.

Here are some video tutorials:
    http://www.asp.net/LEARN/videos/
    http://www.learnvisualstudio.net/
    Code King aka Code WizZzard: Motivated By The Challenge, Driven By The Will To Succeed.

In The Land Of Programmers, The Code WizZzard Is KING. Sen on anything VB