Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Looking For Some Visual Web Developer Video Tutorials Starting From The Basics

Default I'm Looking For Some Visual Web Developer Video Tutorials Starting From The Basics

I recently came across VWD and I caught my attention I came across some tutorials on the msdn and asp sites but I tend to see information relating to Visual Basic C# and other programming languages within the tutorials so I was thinking that perhaps it was just an over Visual Studio tutorials and not just the VWD. Or is that all a normal thing, do you have to know or utilize Visual Basic and or Visual C to use VWD?

P.S. I have no programming background
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I recently came across VWD and I caught my attention I came across some tutorials on the msdn and asp sites but I tend to see information relating to Visual Basic C# and other programming languages within the tutorials so I was thinking that perhaps it was just an over Visual Studio tutorials and not just the VWD. Or is that all a normal thing, do you have to know or utilize Visual Basic and or Visual C to use VWD?

P.S. I have no programming background
    Well Visual Basic and or Visual C are the programming languages used, so if you want to program, you will have to learn one of these languages. If you comfortable with C, C++ or Java then you can adopt C#. I personally prefer vb.net since I can transcend those skills to writing activex scripts in sql server and vba for word, excel and access. The decision is up to you though.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    Well Visual Basic and or Visual C are the programming languages used, so if you want to program, you will have to learn one of these languages. If you comfortable with C, C++ or Java then you can adopt C#. I personally prefer vb.net since I can transcend those skills to writing activex scripts in sql server and vba for word, excel and access. The decision is up to you though.
    I think C# is much easier than C/C++ (and not really needed) cuz you don't have to think about pointer manipulation and some other crazy stuff. Java should be good too, but I've never tried it (though I have a tut and loads of dev-ware for it) . But for your sanity's sake, don't go below C++ .
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Well from the question that I asked before these answer seem to be slightly off the target of my initial question

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    Things were vague before and with that last statement you have just increased the density of the fog.

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    I think C# is much easier than C/C++ (and not really needed) cuz you don't have to think about pointer manipulation and some other crazy stuff. Java should be good too, but I've never tried it (though I have a tut and loads of dev-ware for it) . But for your sanity's sake, don't go below C++ .

Well Skele you seem to be arguing from a stand point that I still have my sanity
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Well, you have to chose a language and work with it. I suggest Vb.net again cuz it is so easy to learn and work with. You can have a good mastery within a week.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Well from the question that I asked before these answer seem to be slightly off the target of my initial question

Well Skele you seem to be arguing from a stand point that I still have my sanity
    That one really cracked me up. So you're in the club...

OK. Lemme try to answer the question. To tell the truth, its the first I'm hearing of VWD (I have VS Team System 08 on my work system so I guess it must be in there somewhere), so I did a bit of research...

Wikipedia says
    The Visual Web Developer Express is a freeware web development tool that allows developers to evaluate the web development and editing capabilities of the other Visual Studio 2008 editions at no charge. Its main function is to create ASP.NET websites. It has a WYSIWYG interface, drag-and-drop user interface designer; enhanced HTML & code editors; a (limited) database explorer; support for other web technologies (e.g., CSS, JavaScript, XML); and integrated, design-time validation for standards including XHTML 1.0/1.1 and CSS 2.1.

VS2005 lacks certain features, such as the Accessibility Checker; the ability to create standalone Class Library Projects (which can be done by the other language-specific Express Editions); the extensibility support necessary to load third-party add-ins, macros and some other features. [3]

VS2008 Express Web Developer SP1 supports both class library and Web Application projects, which were not supported in VS2005 Express.[4] It also includes a new integrated HTML designer based on Microsoft Expression Web. However, the functionality to publish the website you develop is not present in this edition.
    and this tells me you'll be using XML, HTML and other scripting ALONG WITH (ASP) .NET which is a programming platform (supports C++, C#, VB.NET, etc), so you need to choose and learn one of these. I recommend C#, cuz even though its slightly more difficult to learn than Visual Basic, its format style is widely used (Java, C++, Perl, etc), and I use it of course.

Then there are the videos. Happy watching, and welcome to my world - programming...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;

Well I'll take a little from what I got from both you guys I'll start with vb.net since its easier and if anything move on to Visual C# thanks guys. So Psybuck do you have any source for vb.net video tutorials?

Well I'll take a little from what I got from both you guys I'll start with vb.net since its easier and if anything move on to Visual C# thanks guys. So Psybuck do you have any source for vb.net video tutorials?
    Actually you kinda have it wrong there. C# and VB are programming languages that use the .NET framework. ASP.NET is a web application framework and so is utilized by your language of choice. And it'll be somewhat difficult if you try doing both VB and C# as there're some differences in each that can cause some bugs that make you rip your hair out. Believe me, I did QBasic back in the day. It was hellish converting to C#, but I finally did it. Still have some relapses now and then. I think the best you can do is determine your area of interest. If you wanna program MS Office and some other Microsoft products, learn VB. If you want a much wider area, Linux stuff, etc, learn C++, then C#.

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Actually you kinda have it wrong there. C# and VB are programming languages that use the .NET framework. ASP.NET is a web application framework and so is utilized by your language of choice. And it'll be somewhat difficult if you try doing both VB and C# as there're some differences in each that can cause some bugs that make you rip your hair out. Believe me, I did QBasic back in the day. It was hellish converting to C#, but I finally did it. Still have some relapses now and then. I think the best you can do is determine your area of interest. If you wanna program MS Office and some other Microsoft products, learn VB. If you want a much wider area, Linux stuff, etc, learn C++, then C#.
    Damn it Skele you and Psy better make up your minds because I'm already approaching the ripping out of hair point just reading these posts. "If you wanna program MS Office and other Microsoft products" please elaborate. In regards to my area of interest its web page development thus my interest in Visual Web Developer
    Last edited by Anubis; Apr 13, 2009 at 12:25 AM.

Damn it Skele you and Psy better make up your minds because I'm already approaching the ripping out of hair point just reading these posts. "If you wanna program MS Office and other Microsoft products" please elaborate. In regards to my area of interest its web page development thus my interest in Visual Web Developer
    OK. You want it simplified? No more diplomacy. LEARN C#. Its the best choice.