Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LF free alternative to DeepFreeze

well from the brief look i took at each apart from vmware and virtualbox, require a thin-client setup. i wud have to do some research into that and also see what kind of server wud be required to running almost 200 computers via pxe boot. also wud need to see how it wud affect network traffic as well. i didnt get to check returnil the website was down i guess.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

m$ have there version of this prog...but hell if a member the name

i ran a test of m$ today (its steadystate by the way rawhide) and it seems to do what i want. once protect harddisk is enabled it prevents changes of wat ever kind from taking place. a regular user cant even save to my documents . mi sorry fi dem come the new term cause i'm gonna lock down those machines. any body doing IT better get a thumb drive cause thats the only thing that they will be allowed to save their work on.

so no more ares, no more unnecessary downloads of file to the machine, and i think i can say, based on how the app works, no more viri probs in the labs.

M$ does allow u to apply the same restrictions that u wud apply to a workgroup to a domain environment by giving u a administrative template that u just import to active directory for the OU that the users are in. so i basically can use that alone and not even install steadystate.
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton