Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AUTORUN.inf

Default AUTORUN.inf

How can i get this off please its on ma pc and well duh on ma thumb drive on ma psp and stuff its really annoying anybody have any idea how to get it off avg cant take it of mcafee or avast doesn't take it off either right now im just using avast what should I use?

hmm lets see install an antivirus,such as sophos,eset nod32 any of your choice ..turn off system restore when you gonna scan your system
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

Ok ill try that im seriously not in the downlaod mood what with this *****ty internet speed

ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

well the autorun actually belongs to the recycler virus.

i usually remove it from removable media using linux. i just change the permissions of the autorun file and the recycler folder and delete them. delete the recycler folder from the desktop by starting in safe mode, start command prompt, go to the root of the C drive and run
    rd /s /q RECYCLER
    . you wud have to search the registry for conmgr.exe or svnmgr.exe and delete the entry. then use ur scanner and run thru ur machine
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Autorun.inf isn't a virus. It's just a text file on the root of drives that can tell what file to autorun, drive icon to show, etc. I use it on my drive (copied from a virus) to run my portable apps launcher (and WOW people). Deleting this file isn't deleting a virus, just prevents it from automatic infection.

To manually disinfect, open up the file and check out the exe paths you find (that's the virus path). If you have a recycler virus and you cant delete the folder, just delete desktop.ini in each folder. This removes the special Recycle Bin attributes.
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Well i just learnt something i guess..

1 uninstall all other AV programs
    2 install bitdefender
    3 scan ur comp
    4 run checkdisk and u good

or try wat those other members say which eva one works best 4 u. also check the thread ShadowWolfe posted c if it helps
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

This is easy to remove go to run, type cmd hit enter
    the go to the drive the viruses are on, type attrib -s -h -r c:\autorun.inf hit enter
    type del c:\autorun.inf
    that will remove the autorun file, then type
    attrib -s -h -r c:\recycler hit enter
    then type del c:\recycler
    Do this for every drive that has the viruses on them.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.
    8368993 (lime) 303-1359 (digi) blunt60us@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Autorun.inf isn't a virus. It's just a text file on the root of drives that can tell what file to autorun, drive icon to show, etc. I use it on my drive (copied from a virus) to run my portable apps launcher (and WOW people). Deleting this file isn't deleting a virus, just prevents it from automatic infection.

To manually disinfect, open up the file and check out the exe paths you find (that's the virus path). If you have a recycler virus and you cant delete the folder, just delete desktop.ini in each folder. This removes the special Recycle Bin attributes.
    I believe the solution is already posted. What has happened so far?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".