Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Easy Steps to download Youtube Videos to your Berry using BOLT BROWSER

Default 10 Easy Steps to download Youtube Videos to your Berry using BOLT BROWSER

Guys this tip will rock your berry for life. Especially for those of us you could not play Youtube videos on our Bold...Well it is our time to shine.

Here is what you need to do.

1. First make sure you have WIFI....VERY IMPORTANT

2. Download the new BOLT browser version 0.94 click here http://boltbrowser.com/download.html

3. After installation...go to www.youtube.com

4. Find a video of your choice. Click it a windows should open showing the option to play or stop....click play

5. The video will start to buffer as this message appears

BOLT is transcoding the video you selected, please select Launch to play the video in the media player of your device. When you are done viewing the video please use the back key to return to BOLT
    6. Click the Blackberry Button and select Launch, you will see a message where the application is attempting to open the file, select YES.

7. That should launch the Blackberry Browser where you will select OPEN or SAVE. I chose save cause I wanted to have the media files on my phone.

8. Save the file to your Blackberry/videos folder

9. The video will start to download to your phone...When it is completed...Click the Blackberry button then scroll up to OPEN.

10. It should start playing on your phone....FULLY SAVED on YOUR DEVICE

Post your results.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Excellent Post Barrett.....I saw this happening to me on my Berry when I first installed Bolt...I didn't understand it then. Now I do...Thanks man...loving this Berry life...
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Excellent Post Barrett.....I saw this happening to me on my Berry when I first installed Bolt...I didn't understand it then. Now I do...Thanks man...loving this Berry life...
    Glad I could share bro...I am so loving the fact that I can now download tons of videos straight from Youtube unto my phone where I can now play offline whenever or wherever I want.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

I tried this last week and every time i did so using WiFi, I only got the first minute....usually between 1m:18s- 1m:23s.

I wouldn't mind someone telling me why this always happens to me.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    I tried this last week and every time i did so using WiFi, I only got the first minute....usually between 1m:18s- 1m:23s.

I wouldn't mind someone telling me why this always happens to me.
    Not sure...I am getting the full videos....curious? What OS and Blackberry Model do you have?
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    Not sure...I am getting the full videos....curious? What OS and Blackberry Model do you have?
    LOL I still have the original bb rom...which one do you have?
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    LOL I still have the original bb rom...which one do you have?
    I am running version 4.6.0.241 (Platform 4.0.0.202) which is one of the latest to hit the market.

What version you running bro?
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

I am running version 4.6.0.241 (Platform 4.0.0.202) which is one of the latest to hit the market.

What version you running bro?
    Is it that 241 is more stable than 247... or you just not ready to upgrade as yet. I notice that there a some CrackBerry addicts ou there as well who seem to be sold in os.241. Why...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Is it that 241 is more stable than 247... or you just not ready to upgrade as yet. I notice that there a some CrackBerry addicts ou there as well who seem to be sold in os.241. Why...?
    Well the thing is I tried to upgrade to version .247 and I ran the app loader but I got the message which said the .241 was more advanced than the .247 so I didn't force it from there? Still curious how can .241 be more advanced that the .247? Cultus any thoughts on this issue?

Share your thoughts.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Well the thing is I tried to upgrade to version .247 and I ran the app loader but I got the message which said the .241 was more advanced than the .247 so I didn't force it from there? Still curious how can .241 be more advanced that the .247? Cultus any thoughts on this issue?

Share your thoughts.
    I'm on the crackberry forums now, and basically what I am getting is that it really comes down to user preference. Some say it more stable than .247 while others object. if it works for you then just leave it. If it aint broke, don't fix it . honestly I saw it and was curious to try it. But from my research more crackberry users were reporting positive feedback from 247. Hence me going with that OS. But 241 is just as good. I see good reviews on it as well...