Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3G Phones - Blackberry Curve 8900 & 8220

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    I don't want you guys to misunderstand what I am saying, lets go back to the core of the subject, and that's the poster dosen't see the need to buy a Javelin because it lacks 3G support. I am saying that the core use of a Berry now is for emails and messaging that's the core...and with that being the core there is not much noticeable difference when using 3G vs Edge, to accomplish the core tasks, because that just's mostly text which requires little bandwidth. Now if you talking about excessive web browsing, with lots of images to be rendered per page, and lots of downloading, then that is where you will see the advantage of having 3G on the Javelin. Presently I don't do that sort of thing on my Berry. So if/or when my needs change then I will procure the Berry that so suits my needs, if I find that WiFi is not filling that gap which in my case it presently does.
    in Full agreement

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    in any case 3g really only makes sence if u planning on making allot of vid calls or using the phone as a modem and connect to PC ... for phone browsing alone edge is more than workable..
    No sah, since me start use 3g, EDGE mek me wa cuss claat ...takes forever.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post
    No sah, since me start use 3g, EDGE mek me wa cuss claat ...takes forever.
    what do you use 3G for, regular browsing? and what do you use edge for that takes forever? answer honestly because I use edge for regular browsing and indeed it's workable and that's the key word that gprs used "workable" if I want superfast speeds I can always switch to wifi or use my PC...
    Last edited by Cultus; Mar 25, 2009 at 09:06 AM.

Ok Cultis put it dis way... For ova 3 years Digicel has been testing and launching 3G handsets and their network is 2.5G ONLY....Now dat just dont make any sense wat so eva......Because 3G has betta voice quality and much more dat we always complaining about and needing.... Now dem c Claro and LIME going 3G and dem still insisting it is not di way 2 go..... Di berry 8900 is a fantastic handset yes because of its superior screen (pixel) and form factor.......But that alone just doesnt cut it.... Rite now in dis economic time it is about Value for money....Di Javelin wid no 3G is just not cutting it....
    "A Person's Ignorance Is Encyclopedic"
    Blackberry Pin: 20735381

what do you use 3G for, regular browsing? and what do you use edge for that takes forever? answer honestly because I use edge for regular browsing and indeed it's workable and that's the key word that gprs used "workable" if I want superfast speeds I can always switch to wifi or use my PC...
    I agree with Cultus as I have seen tremendous improvements in Digicel's EDGE network since recently even to the point where it feels like wifi or maybe it is because I am on the BOLD....Anyways the lag times have improved and I am no longer pushed to use up my Edge service after 12am which was the time when it usually felt like true EDGE.

Hence this slow EDGE your complaining about maybe limited to your current location, curious where exactly are you located Madcats?

Post your reply.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Ricardo, I tell u Madcats99 is mostly in di Mona area up by UWI and he lives in New Kingston where I also live.... Di thing is Ricardo have u eva used a Javelin b4??? Because u really agreeing wid us giving insite on ur NOW use of di BOLD which is 3G compatible.......

Ok, ok I do mostly streaming, Edge is still a pain
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Poobear put it this way, I dont need a 3G phone right now, because frankly I personally dont use 3G or see the need for 3G in my life right now. I am sure there are many others who will support my view. Frankly if you see the need for 3G, then shun the Javelin and Get The Bold... I can't make it any clearer than that. RIM knows that there is a market out there for the Javelin hence why they made it, and I love it along with many others. The Storm lacks wifi, but there is still a market out there for it. Just don't bash the Javelin because it fails to suit your needs. That's something even I have recently been programming myself not to do. Once someone owns it, it has a purpose ...
    Last edited by Cultus; Mar 25, 2009 at 09:27 AM.

I get dat view Cultis.....Matter of opinion and usefulness....Hence mine is wid 3G...Speaking of di STORM not aving WiFi...RIM has now made a STORM wid WiFi 9520..... And no javelin yet in di pipeline wid 3G...... I dont c it lasting dat long still on any market, 3G or non 3G......

Quote Originally Posted by Poobear View Post
    I get dat view Cultis.....Matter of opinion and usefulness....Hence mine is wid 3G...Speaking of di STORM not aving WiFi...RIM has now made a STORM wid WiFi 9520..... And no javelin yet in di pipeline wid 3G...... I dont c it lasting dat long still on any market, 3G or non 3G......
    I've seen rumors on the net of a 3G Javelin coming soon...I'm sure RIM will release one. Its just unfair though, because these guys can give us that near perfect device, but they wont, because they have to continue sucking all our pennies from us, with these incremental releases and updates....ahhh well they are in this to make money so I can't blame them. I would do the same thing too.