Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Shopping Cart

Default Need Help With Shopping Cart

I need help scripting a shopping cart for a site i'm creating. Can anyone help me?
    Need more information? Send a PM or Email Me @ Ralphsteinhibbert@gmail.com--- You can also call me @ 377 - 5710 (no privated numbers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawn_Jamaican View Post
    Click the blue arrow to see me

Question is vague. What are you asking? no. Let me reword that: what are you asking EXACTLY?

I dont know how to code a shopping cart for an ecommerce site i'm doing for a class project. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the coding or point me in the right direction.
    Need more information? Send a PM or Email Me @ Ralphsteinhibbert@gmail.com--- You can also call me @ 377 - 5710 (no privated numbers).

Try:
    - Zen Cart or OSCommerce
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Coding a shopping cart would be quite difficult and time consuming, although not impossible. You can always use an existing shopping cart script that are out there. They are numerous. Or in the very least, download them, install them and check them out. See what features they have and can check the coding on how they do it.

Don't know if there are any free shopping cart php scripts tho. These things are usually commercial products.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Coding a shopping cart would be quite difficult and time consuming, although not impossible. You can always use an existing shopping cart script that are out there. They are numerous. Or in the very least, download them, install them and check them out. See what features they have and can check the coding on how they do it.

Don't know if there are any free shopping cart php scripts tho. These things are usually commercial products.
    The problem with that is.. i'm not uploading to a webhosting site. its going to be on a cd. It's a class assignment so using Zencart or any other downloadable ones wouldnt really work out. Atleast it hasnt cause i've downloaded the zencart program

I need help scripting a shopping cart for a site i'm creating. Can anyone help me?
    A bet this is a utech project, so it has to be fully functional but don't have to be uploaded to a server, if that is the case that project requirement is bad. may be a simple java script is what you need, http://www.nopdesign.com/freecart/ here this should work wish you luck, but as i said bad project requirement.
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

In its simplest form a shopping cart is 3 pages.

page 1 is a list of products from which the user can select 1 or many items that they want to buy.

page 2 is a list of the products that the user has choosen from page 1. This is what is called a virtual "shopping cart". This list is temporary and usually stored in a session variable or database or something like that. This page also allows the user to remove items that they have decided not to buy.

page 3 is a purchase page on which the user can "buy" the items that they have selected using an online payment method. This online payment method isn't really important and I'm sure doesn't have to be functional for your current purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    In its simplest form a shopping cart is 3 pages.

page 1 is a list of products from which the user can select 1 or many items that they want to buy.

page 2 is a list of the products that the user has choosen from page 1. This is what is called a virtual "shopping cart". This list is temporary and usually stored in a session variable or database or something like that. This page also allows the user to remove items that they have decided not to buy.

page 3 is a purchase page on which the user can "buy" the items that they have selected using an online payment method. This online payment method isn't really important and I'm sure doesn't have to be functional for your current purposes.
    That's basically it, so design a database and use php to achieve your result,
    and you need to start now at time is running out.

Also this is server side method.
    1. Can you present from a computer with lamp installed.
    2. Can the presentation use print screen to show functionality
    and use a computer to show is local (localhost)
    3. ?

The last time I did something similiar, I used my laptop to present.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

There is one called CubeCArt which has some really good features
    Pinch, Leave an inch, Roll

http://www.anyweh.com