Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry® Frequently Asked Questions

Default BlackBerry® Frequently Asked Questions

Im a newbie when it comes to blackberry, i just wanted to know if calls, sms, mms,and wap internet can work without the bis service

Quote Originally Posted by crysis View Post
    Im a newbie when it comes to blackberry, i just wanted to know if calls, sms, mms,and wap internet can work without the bis service
    Calls, Sms & Mms will work without the berry service as the Blackberry is still a phone first and a business device with bundled services. However Internet and related services such as berry messenger, emails & general messaging services such as Yahoo, Msn, Aol, ICQ & Gmail messenger services will not work without a BIS plan.

I hope this helped.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Thanks for your reply it was helpful.

Default BB question

If you have inadequate credit for the blackberry prepaid service can you still make phone calls and sms. for eg, the 7 day fee is $499 and i add only $200 can calls still be made

you aren't able to make calls? I have a coworker who hasn't renewed his since the promo done and is able to send and receive SMS and make calls

Yung_Jah Guest

On a prepaid plan??? Are you sure about this? How interesting is this....sound more like postpaid though i don't have a BB or ever use someone's BB.

Lets say I have 30k....would you say get a BB or a N82? Which?

It seems like BB run the place now....in second place to Nokia...being first.

Quote Originally Posted by crysis View Post
    If you have inadequate credit for the blackberry prepaid service can you still make phone calls and sms. for eg, the 7 day fee is $499 and i add only $200 can calls still be made
    Well you still have $200 so calls and sms can be made based on the fact to subscribe its gona tell you u have insufficient funds hence the $200 wouldnt be removed.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

I agree wid HV and he is totally correct.... But 2 wolfman, where did ur bredrin get his bb from and wat color Sim card is he using wid his bb?? I ave a theory y dat is so..... Please tell ........

Good 1 Richardo.......

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    Well you still have $200 so calls and sms can be made based on the fact to subscribe its gona tell you u have insufficient funds hence the $200 wouldnt be removed.
    On lime prepaid blackberry service it is different because on the first of the month if you had say $200 credit they automatically apply it to your prepaid service and then send you a text showing a negative balance, whilst warning that your service will be suspended shortly.

The blackberry service would still remain but any additional credit that is applied to the account would be used to clear off the negative balance on the prepaid service first. The balance, if any, can then be used for calls and sms.
    Last edited by rudealf; Mar 24, 2009 at 01:49 AM.
    When I have heard all I need to make a decision,I Dont Take A Vote! I Make A Decision:
    You don't Have to be Crazy to be my friend.....But it sure helps.......