Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: BlackBerry® Frequently Asked Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Techsavvy View Post
    no im not.just that i installed a dictionary and it asked if i wanted to install to the mem card,so i thought hey could all the other apps run from the memory card too.did some research came up with this.gonna try it
    keep us posted would love know how it work out

looks good but would it work for os 4.6

did some very rigorous research on this app and and from what Ive read it does not do what it says, here is a comment i found from a site.

''This app does not do what it says above. A lot of people want this app because they think you can install apps on their sd card. It does NOT do this. Believe me on this. Also its not a simple app to use meaning its not for all basic users. It can temp move apps to sd card and when you want to use again you have to use the software to put back on your device. So basiclly it does not allow you to install apps on your sd card. It does allow you to install and uninstall apps that are stored on the sd card.''

thanks for info, I consider myself user so I wouldn't chance it LOL

How do i stop this from happening, I put in a someone's birthday in my calendar but after its sync with outlook and google calendar, it repeats sometimes as much as 10xs i have to be deleting them real annoying

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    How do i stop this from happening, I put in a someone's birthday in my calendar but after its sync with outlook and google calendar, it repeats sometimes as much as 10xs i have to be deleting them real annoying
    Wolffy it happens to me as well....What I would recommend is that when you access your contacts in Microsoft Outlook add the person's birthday as a attached note in the said vm card for the person instead of making that entry in the calendar section as your Blackberry sees the same entry as multiples if you put the person's name in both contacts and Calendar and that is why you're experiencing so many duplications on your mobile.

Try this suggestion and let me know the outcome
    Last edited by barrettrs; Jul 13, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

i need some help here guys, i just downloaded the official desktop manager 5.0.8 and decided to do a backup, and at the end of the backup it says error backing up 5/6 of database(s) then when i click ok it says backup sucessfull, whats the problem.
    Blackberry Bold 9000 (retired)
    OS 5.0.0.592
    Alcatel sPop jelly bean 4.1.1
    If There's A Will There's A Way.

Quote Originally Posted by crysis View Post
    i need some help here guys, i just downloaded the official desktop manager 5.0.8 and decided to do a backup, and at the end of the backup it says error backing up 5/6 of database(s) then when i click ok it says backup sucessfull, whats the problem.
    Well take a look at this post on Blackberry Support.com

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...essage.id=2866

I am backing up my BB via a USB connection. Through the Advanced tab, I was able to figure out the Phone Options database is causing the error message "Error backing up database(s)".

Solution: Clear the Phone Options Database. For instructions, see KB10167 http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2018663759

Crysis
    be careful about this procedure it looks tricky and you could possibly lose all your data on your Blackberry
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

ok barretrs, i re-downloaded 4.7 DM but left the exe for 5.0, tried the backup with 4.7 twice, backed up flawlessly, 5.0 has a dam glitch, my phone is fine, so can the backed up files from 4.7 work with 5.0 when im ready to do a restore?
    Blackberry Bold 9000 (retired)
    OS 5.0.0.592
    Alcatel sPop jelly bean 4.1.1
    If There's A Will There's A Way.

Quote Originally Posted by crysis View Post
    ok barretrs, i re-downloaded 4.7 DM but left the exe for 5.0, tried the backup with 4.7 twice, backed up flawlessly, 5.0 has a dam glitch, my phone is fine, so can the backed up files from 4.7 work with 5.0 when im ready to do a restore?
    Glad to see you solved that problem but about restoring 4.7 files on 5.0 that to me is a mystery bro....guess what though I will check around the BB Forums online and see if I can find a answer or a possible solution
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991