Thread: Better lighting...for your computer

Default Better lighting...for your computer

Source: F.lux: software to make your life better
    Address: http://www.stereopsis.com/flux/
    Date Visited: Thu Mar 19 2009 00:56:38 GMT-0500 (EST)

Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.

F.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

WOW!!! This is amazing! I love it!!! Instantly my eyes feel so much better.
    I am on the pc a lot during the nights. Man, could have done with this years ago.

Good post.

wtf did this do to my screen!!..
    j/k, pretty cool, especially for a night owl like me.
    wow, the mouse cursur is still bright

nice find

Good find> I like it

Only little problem I have is, when playing games, I sometimes need to brighten the screen in areas where it's dark. The program won't let you change the brightness of the screen.

Ah well. It's still in it's infancy. Hopefully they will provide an option to disable it. Currently it only allow you to disable it for an hour.

Default f.lux

Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.

f.lux
    f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.
    http://stereopsis.com/flux/

has anybody tried this out yet? i feel the same way as a majority of the comments on the site after using this for a couple days. sometimes i get eye strain if Im on the pc for a while doing what not and this fixed that. and no more going to bed with a headache. theres an iphone version out

Seen this before and used it. Need to see where it is now with some testing.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

catching up on my late night photography books....i couldnt have found this at a better time