Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal on the HP Laptops?

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    Is that figure in your post correct, the $76,000? If that's what you heard I think you need to ask again cause there's no way that that can be the actual figure.
    Or could it be for a completely new laptop?? Dat $76,000 kinda mad fi repairs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidja View Post
    i Called ATL the HP Technician tell mi seh bout $76K if dem order a new 1 and $9500 fi dem put it in dough i can do that my self i just ask him jus in case "now dat mad "

Quote Originally Posted by D Boy View Post
    Or could it be for a completely new laptop?? Dat $76,000 kinda mad fi repairs!!!
    seems so '
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Well finally we have some data to backup what we knew all along, HP laptops are the least reliable.
    Nice find - always loved Toshiba. Didn't know the smaller manufacturers are so reliable - that's GREAT!!!
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    Is that figure in your post correct, the $76,000? If that's what you heard I think you need to ask again cause there's no way that that can be the actual figure.
    i saw the board selling refurbished on ebay for like US$85 and on other sites around US$119 + the figure is exactly what he told me "saying is a mark up price ting cause they gtting the board from South America" $76K & $9,500 to install it just to verify cost. u all can call ATL and post the price they tell u.
    Last edited by mekeino; Nov 26, 2009 at 06:24 PM.

My HP laptop is going strong 5 years now. Battery died the other day, I got a new, longer lasting one. Power cord got shorts, got a new one. Otherwise it's running smoothly.

My dad's as well - only problem with his are vertical lines showing up on the screen, and a dead DVD drive (replaced by an external drive).

And here I was thinking that Lenovo was at least among the top three

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post
    My HP laptop is going strong 5 years now. Battery died the other day, I got a new, longer lasting one. Power cord got shorts, got a new one. Otherwise it's running smoothly.

My dad's as well - only problem with his are vertical lines showing up on the screen, and a dead DVD drive (replaced by an external drive).
    is it a pentium or amd version dv6000 series laptop & also look under the bottom of the laptop to see what dv version it is and post it please
    Last edited by mekeino; Nov 29, 2009 at 05:56 PM.

I've owned about 3 HP laptops and they never gave me any problems... My family and I all use hp we love them lol. I guess its all how you treat it (just a thought)

I have a HP DV9640US and everything went wrong on it within 16 months. I've gone through 2 power cords, my battery doesn't hold the charge and the motherboard fried on me in 14 months just after the warranty (which I forgot to renew online).

A family member purchased a DV6000 when it had just come out and within one 1 month, (I'm not lying) it had to be sent back for repairs as it would not turn on. The return receipt said motherboard had to be changed. Another time a few years back another HP had to be sent back with 6months of use because the screen had green lines going down it.

Would I ever purchase another, of course!! They look good, have many features and the price is reasonable. Just make sure you fill out the warranty card upon receipt and purchase a minimum of 3years worth.