Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal on the HP Laptops?

wel for me hp average, i have worked on one so far, dont remember the model,
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Dv9000 and dv6000 series are problem laptop.

hp 6000 9000 series mi tell ppl dont bodda carry dem come to fix
    Phenom X4 9550, MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum, Kingston HyperX SLI 4GB DDR2 1066MHz, Evga 9600GT Supaclack'd, Corsair 750W PSU,80gb 2.5 5400rpm X 2- Raid 0
    kevin@4046263 Kevin1386@gmail.com
    Kingston/Portmore/Mandeville

I cant understand the complaint about hp laptops and to me it seems like a matter of care more than failing in some cases (not all). I've watched how alot of people at uwi treat their laptops (especially the power cord) and its quite obvious why alot of the times things fail in short periods of time. I've seen more than one person stuff the power cord in their laptop bags without even considering to fold it properly. I've seen people carry the laptop by the monitor (with the power one even) allowing the rest of the laptop to swing freely and hit random objects as they walk. Overall... most of the people i've seen look like they need the panasonic toughbooks to have a laptop that lasts any period of time over 3 months.

This is not to say however that its all the peoples fault, i've seen completely random failures on hp laptops that just say manufacturer failure...

However I have also realized something else about the HP laptops, this has also come to light due to the list of pcs that hp has said they will fix free of cost (faulty from factory). Before I continue I have no bias towards amd/intel....

ALMOST ALL of the hp laptops that are regularly failing and that are on the list are AMD powered hps. I know quite a few people who have had to return their pcs to be worked on and I know ppl at one of the hp dealerships and they actually agreed with me that the amd's seem more prone to failure than the intel.

I've had my hp laptop for about a year now and SO FAR nothing has gone wrong with any part. Maybe im lucky... or maybe its becuz i know how to care for it
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by demdem View Post
    Dv9000 and dv6000 series are problem laptop.
    Dv2000 series also!!!!!
    Digicel - 3681919

Quote Originally Posted by jigga876 View Post
    Dv2000 series also!!!!!
    Their new top end laptops are so far problem free though but its a pretty penny, HDX series work but u can tell that its the mainboard ur paying for....cause with the same specs as da pavilion series, it will still set u bac atleast 200US more

this spells alot for me, has I'm experiencing a few issue with but tried a solution I heard about and just waiting to see if it will work
    "Smartphones, the World in a Small Package"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntex_2 View Post
    this spells alot for me, has I'm experiencing a few issue with but tried a solution I heard about and just waiting to see if it will work
    Whats that?
    And also, i want to know if the Intel motherboards are better?

i ve owned 2 hps myself and havent had any problems, my friends on the other hand, they seem to have problems with the charger and the battery
    guess im just lucky?
    AMD Phenom II x 4 BE @ 3.3GHz, 37 " Visio 120Hz 1080P LCD, Radeon HD4870, 2GB DDR3 RAM ,1TB hard Drive< Genius 5.1 Surround Sound
    561-7757

fire21 Guest

Yesterday my techie friend who fixes laptop told a girl "bwoy dat done my girl - buy a new one." When I checked it out it was a hp laptop that she had. But I know HP and some Acers don't last too long as well. Well when buying a laptop do some research if you can about the brand and model laptop as well before you buy it.