Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSi Mystery...

I went to Nintendo.com and the creator says .3 on both cameras. :-(

I think it was a product made for the trend happy Japanese, they have bought 1.28 million up to Dec. I really don't know how many non-japanese DS owners this is gonna convince to get on board. If you don't have a DS by now, this is not enough to convince you get one. No Gameplay enhancements at all.

There will always be the bleeding edgers who must buy it cause it is new, but those people are a small part of the 100 mill that current have a DS.

The $179 tag of the DSi has made it premium over the DS. That 50 Bucks may hinder the sales in this economy. It is gonna be hard to convince a parent to spend an extra two weeks gas money on camera's.

There is a saturation point which I am sure the DS is at or near. I see PSP sales slowly catching up (God knows why, cause short of SCEA, the devs pee on it).

As far as Gamecube in two years, the DS is almost an N64 in terms of performance, although Nintendo has some weird limitations on the performance in place. I would then fully expect that the next Nintendo handheld should be at that level at least in raw triangle performance if not shader effects.

The DSi reminds me of the Gameboy Micro, if you were one of the two people left on earth who dont have a DS yet, paying 50 more might be a deal breaker. I am interested to see if they plan to phase out the DS lite. The price will drop I think, like how the Lite dropped in price when it replaced the DS Phat ( I miss it ).
    Last edited by Nestersan; Mar 17, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

FAIL... backards comp has been removed
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    FAIL... backards comp has been removed
    Can't play GBA games? I'd stick to the Lite then.