Thread: How do I use the WAP feature on my Cell Phone?

Default How do I use the WAP feature on my Cell Phone?

I have a Motorola 60t that has a micro browser feature. This feature when properly setup allows me to browse the internet.

How do I set it up? The setup is asking me for :
    username, password, dial-up number, WAP IP, etc
    I tried entering the dial-up info for Emoquad and now I am getting a message saying "UpLink address is not set up"

I am lost...

Is it that Emoquad does not support WAP?
    If not then who does?

Default Re:How do I use the WAP feature on my Cell Phone?

I think that in order for you to use your WAP feature you'll need to have data services activated/enabled by your provider. Contact them about using the WAP feature.

All of the providers are saying they'll have it soon (and they've been saying that for over a year).

I have a nokia 3320 with wap capabilities. However the browser doesn't even come loaded.

I'm gonna approach C&W and see if I can have it loaded on.

People unno betta forget about getting wap for your phones especially from C&W in case unno dont recognize yet. c&w lose the battle for cellphones so basically right now they dont care about their cellular network.
    Digicell said that they will be coming out with their wap service by next year april, and if they dont come out with it, we can always wait on gotel, which is going to be jamaica's next land phone company

Digicel W@p next April.... ;D ;D....Who told you that .......Guess its the same person who has been saying next month all along.......Digicel wont be offering that anytime soon simply they dont have the bandwith to carry that type of traffic on thier existing cell network...

Larry Smith was the person who told me, He is a friend of mine. He said that most of the profits are going towards creating the wap service

I am able to use my Digicel phone (timeport 250) and my palm to access the web!!

Using the phone itself requires that your service provider (digicel, in this case) has the facility in place (WAP) and issues you with the relevant setup info..

In the meantime I guess we are stuck with using the our phones as wireless modems for other devices such as the our PDAs.

I am looking forward to coming down to Jamaica in April! I can't wait to test the things out, the GPRS from C&W and hopefully CSD WAP atleast from Digicel.

I havea Motorola V60gi, it is an amazing phone, tri-band of course, unlocked, came from Europe.