Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fridays !!

Default Re: Fridays !!

Well guys Jamaica is now listed on their Website with info.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

i went there last night. mi tell u, the place ram. matre'd tell me that there is a half hour waiting list and this is 11o clock in the night. going to make reservations for tonight tho.

WilBro Guest

D'Chef did you get a chance to look at the prices ?,, I need to get an idea because mi nuh want go there an end up having to wash plates!!

lol, eh eh, too much ppl did deh a di front door still. all mi can tell u is that in there look nice. i might go again later, so check mi back tomorow.

WilBro Guest

aight will do,, mi kinda get a glimpse a couple time mi passing there with mi gurl, she is dieing to go there but yu know mi haffi si the paycheck first,, a wouldn mind one of them long island ice tea now,, that did knock mi out the last time I went to one of their NY branch

*WARNING* people, don't read this post if your dying to go.

i hated the experience i had at this place. i called ahead to have a table ready for my party of 4 at 6.45pm saturday evening. ok we reached promptly the table was ready but needed 5 mins to set. no problem. the waitress came, and started to twang. i can't tell you when was the last time i heard someone talked like that. after a few mins my mother asked her if she was jamaican, and to my shock she said yes.

anyway, after 30mins my sister got her soda. 30mins to share out a glass of soda. anyway 15mins later at 7.30 my aunt and i got her drinks, and they just found out they don't have the drink my mother ordered. so after all this time, she just finding out this usefull piece of info. anyway, i asked the waitress if the fruit punch was natural, she said yes. its canned juice, i didn't even want it again.

ok, so after an hour of waiting we the waitress came and said everyone's dinner was ready except mine which will be ready in another 5mins. in the mean time my family made a few complaints. the food came, iite, now unu talking. i had bbq chicken w/ potatoes and corn. bbq chicken was lovely, trust me, this did good. the potato was rather unique as they left pieces of the skin in it, which was a good touch. but the corn, oh lawd di corn was HORRIBLE. worse tasting corn i ever had in my life. i also tried my sister's chicken fingers and that tasted really good.

now for the prices, if friday's doesn't drop their prices, they'll be under new management or being closed shortly. appetizers are $300. you saw right. all the meals, are between $500 going up to $995. personally i don't think the food worth that much.

you can't have souls, tv, and so many people talking one time in one place. that spells headache.
    the layout has a nice feel to it.
    security is very good. guards indoor and outdoor like crazy.
    you're greated properly.

how i rate fridays:
    security = 10/10
    food quality = 7/10
    drinks = 2/10
    layout 8/10
    service = 4/10

ask unu questions if unu wah kno more info bout the place.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalchef
    *now for the prices, if friday's doesn't drop their prices, they'll be under new management or being closed shortly. appetizers are $300. you saw right. all the meals, are between $500 going up to $995. personally i don't think the food worth that much.
    thats basically the prices up here, possibly cheaper.

CHeF cut them some slack.
    Anyway as for their prices it was to be expected. I look at it as a next BULLSEYE. Although if they do decide to drop prices they would be good to go.

CHeF cut them some slack.
    why?? i rather go to another restaurant and get more food, better tasting food for half the price. they are a new face in the jamaica restaurant biz and they need to make a good impression. they need to wow people and make them realise that the hard earned gran they will be spending on themselves is actually worth ever penny by food, service or whatever or else patrons won't come back. when i hear that them shape up, then i'll think about going back.
    I look at it as a next BULLSEYE
    dude are you crazy. you can't compare bullseye to fridays dawg. u jus shouldn't.

have you been there virus??

Why should he cut them some slack? Bredgrin, jamaican people luv dem belly you know? If we going to spend nuff nuff money on food, then jamaican people expect good good food for them money.

Chef's post is just his experience of the place. Just like any other critic would go there to give a report on thier food and service. Their prices won't be attracting us to thier resturant so they better have good food and good service.

So Virus, give the place a visit and bring us back your report. Then we will have more than one experience to take into consideration and see if there is a common trend with this resturant.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008