Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **SERIOUS** Problems With FLOW Internet

By right Angeleta DSL should not be affected by users but solely by distance from the provider well at least TRUE DSL should not be its quite possibly that they are going beyond the capacity that their servers can efficiently run on but with their fiber optic infrastructure I don't think this should be the case but you never know they may force C&W to step up or another company may join the ball game.
    I have a 8 meg connection which doesn't perform at I get like 6-7 which I can live with because even though they are not in effect providing what they should the speeds by far out weight what everyone else are providing but getting 3 mb out of a 15 mb connection now that needs to be query personally I use third party programs to change my deep tcp/ip and other net settings to get up my performance I have noticed a difference when compared to the default settings that come with XP or Vista
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    By right Angeleta DSL should not be affected by users but solely by distance from the provider well at least TRUE DSLFLOW isnt using DSL should not be its quite possibly that they are going beyond the capacity that their servers can efficiently run on but with their fiber optic infrastructure I don't think this should be the case but you never know they may force C&W to step up or another company may join the ball game.
    I have a 8 meg connection which doesn't perform at I get like 6-7 which I can live with because even though they are not in effect providing what they should the speeds by far out weight what everyone else are providing but getting 3 mb out of a 15 mb connection now that needs to be query personally I use third party programs to change my deep tcp/ip and other net settings to get up my performance I have noticed a difference when compared to the default settings that come with XP or Vista
    .................................................. .

no one on the shared network will ever get a consistent 8 megs they (FLOW) use the key pharse " up to " to get out of that
    Last edited by bugsy; Mar 2, 2009 at 09:51 AM.

Uumm Bugsy you should add that "Flow isn't using DSL" not edit my quote you may go confuse someone now hell you confusing me
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Maybe because i live near newkgn, i never get less than 1.7MBs downloads on torrents. thats with a 15meg conection.

I feels good.
    THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    .................................................. .

no one on the shared network will ever get a consistent 8 megs they (FLOW) use the key pharse " up to " to get out of that
    Okay Bugsy you stated that FLOW does not use DSL so which internet service do they provide?

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Maybe because i live near newkgn, i never get less than 1.7MBs downloads on torrents. thats with a 15meg conection.

I feels good.
    Well G2 when I'm downloading off a site or irc I get good connection speeds but its a different story when it comes to torrents

Quote Originally Posted by angeleta View Post
    I wonder if the more customers sign up for Flow is the worse the service will get...and if their CS is so crappy now, what will happen when they take over ja? sad!
    Well I am not defending FLOW here but for the record my service in Portmore has been consistent from the first day I signed up which is like almost a year now....I guess it's a distance issue from the main hub why users might be experiencing fluctuations in their bandwidth.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Okay Bugsy you stated that FLOW does not use DSL so which internet service do they provide?
    Flow's internet service is Cable Internet (Cable) and not Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_internet

UPDATE: Flow Rep called me yesterday to inform me that work is currently been done to fix the issue in my area. They will keep me up to date on the progress. So things are looking up.

Well G2 when I'm downloading off a site or irc I get good connection speeds but its a different story when it comes to torrents

As mentioned before FLOW is using a "cable internet " which is a different way of providing the internet service as oppose to Digital subscriber line.
    .I could go into detail but google is your friend.........

No need to go into details when u got wikiP right psilos?
    THANK GOD