Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Accused of Global Music Piracy

Lightbulb Kazaa Accused of Global Music Piracy

The producers of a popular file-sharing program have created the biggest system of Internet music piracy ever seen, the Federal Court in Sydney has been told. The Federal Court was told the Kazaa file-sharing software is used by 100 million people around the world who share over three billion downloaded music files each month.

To Read More, here's a link
    http://www.technewsworld.com/story/38472.html

Default Re: Kazaa Accused of Global Music Piracy

A yow Source i would like a link or a copy of Kazaa full

Post Re: Kazaa Accused of Global Music Piracy

Youth Kazaa is a spyware why would you want it???????
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    {herbrews 11v1.}

pcchick Guest

What's a spyware?

Post Re: Kazaa Accused of Global Music Piracy

Spyware, which includes malware, trackware and adware, is the categorical name for any application that may track your online and/or offline PC activity and is capable of locally saving or transmitting those findings for third parties sometimes with but more often without your knowledge or consent.

Anyone that uses a computer is susceptible to spyware infection. Your online actions, whether you're surfing the Internet or checking e-mail, can attract spyware files, applications or programs. These programs find their way onto your system and install themselves in several possible places on your PC, including your registry, start up menu, files and folders. Many spyware programs ensure their survival by sprinkling traces of the program throughout your system to make full removal more difficult (and sometimes nearly impossible). Once installed, spyware operates silently in the background.

Spyware jumps onto a PC in a number of ways. It can be installed by a hacker or someone who uses your computer, through a pop-up window or ad, via an instant messenger service, or delivered through a spam e-mail or an attachment in e-mail. File-sharing programs and swapping music, photos or other files are also well-known avenues for spyware infection. Sometimes spyware is bundled with a desired program, and is disclosed in buried text as part of the end-user-license agreement (EULA). These days, spyware may hop onto your system when you visit certain web sites.

here is a link read more:
    http://www.webroot.com/spywareinform...pywaredefined/
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    {herbrews 11v1.}

pcchick Guest

Good..thanks. Very interesting. I need to use this in my network thread.

Because i want music and other stuff from the software i know the risk and all but i will also use my pop blocker you have a copy or not or any other type of kazza?

Lime wire seems like less of a threat than kazaa and its pretty good as well.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

I know we are only downloading for backup purposes right.
    I know we all go out and buy the original cd's and software.
    IT Consultant

kazaa the next napster!