View Poll Results: Would you support the use of a Universal Charger for All MOBILE PHONES?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Unsure, sounds like a waste of time

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Would You Support A Universal Charger for ALL MOBILE PHONES?

Default Would You Support A Universal Charger for ALL MOBILE PHONES?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7894763.stm

The world's biggest mobile phone makers and network operators have backed plans to create a universal phone recharger.

Most manufacturers now produce chargers which work only with their own devices.

The re-charger will consume 50% less stand-by energy than today's models, the GSM Association (GSMA), an umbrella group for the industry, said.

Firms to back the plan include Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, T-Mobile, Orange, 3, AT&T and Vodafone.
    I saw this online and it was really inspiring to see that at least mobile manufacturers are making an effort to produce one single charger for all mobile phones....which is pretty cool....but would you support such an initiative? Is this a GOOD or Bad move in your opinion?

Share your thoughts!
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

yes...reason being if u have several different fones,u gonna have a million plus one chargers all bout...simplicity,one charger fi di whole a dem

Yes less stress.you can always ask your friend for a charge when you dont have one.

you know that one had also crossed my mind...bredren always have some way out phone an a look charge...

Before the new nokia you couldnt lose any nokia fit would fit any one you will 4 moto fones and 4 diffrent chargers

yup i would, but it would be lil technical, per say the micro ampere and voltage rate of phones vary, so they would have to include a micro ampere switch, and a voltage switch
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Make sense. Would do big in jamaica since some ppl travel with up to three phones
    Worm di Engineer