Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell Phone Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    Well who knows maybe an entrepreneur among us could start such a company but seriously though a cellphone is like perishables not to mention most persons can't care delicate electronics plus the thief factor is high....SOUNDS like the kind of business where the profit margin would be quite low.....
    Perishable?!? Dude. I've got my Sagem my X1-2 from... bout December '05 and its still going strong today. I DID save and buy an unlocked Moto SLVR in '06 but they stole it 5 months later when I was working at a cellphone store . Would have been good to have insurance then . Problem is, I wouldn't have insured it in the first place!
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Jamaican ppl on a hold don't like insurance companies. So to introduce an insurance company for phones would be a lost for the person who is setting up that company cause they would probably have less than 50 customers And those customer are the wealthy ones who like to spend.
    Worm di Engineer

digimon Guest

People, you wouldn't DARE to lose your phone as the premium would go WAY up.

also, if your phone is damaged it would work like how computer warranty works... i.e, when my dell charger stopped working, i called dell and them come REPLACE it. That means they take the old one and gimme a new one. I ask if i could keep the old one they say now

Also, using probability and statistics i think the companies would know what they doing.

p.s company = me

Bear in mind when u lose a car your insurance only pays about 80% of the what they value the car as.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

digimon Guest

exactyl, so let them stay deh gwaan lose phone. And remember that depreciation happens faster in phones that cars. lol

Not to mention the turn around time for redeeming the compensation.... ehh ehh, I dont think that would be convenient to intensionally lost or damage your phone
    Last edited by digimon; Feb 18, 2009 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by digimon View Post
    Not to mention the turn around time for redeeming the compensation.... ehh ehh, I dont think that would be convenient to intensionally lost or damage your phone
    pssh all 7-8 months before you prolly hear something about your phone

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    pssh all 7-8 months before you prolly hear something about your phone
    Ha ha.......Seriously though at what percentage and at what time period would these units be insured for as mobile phone prices are shooting through the roof....look at the average price for a Javelin about $60-65k depending on who you buy it from. What premium would that attract?
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991