Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forbes on Digicel's Denis O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Guy View Post
    You mean our poor are been penalized for "donning bling"?
    Not at all, but I am just showing you that "poor Jamaica" is not the same as "poor Haiti".
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

its not a matter of being penalized but showing them dat der are better ways to spend money in these times
    Accomplish all things...fail at nothing

Yes, i remember the days. In fact, i didn't own a cell phone until Digi started operating. When C&W first introduced their mobile service, i went to a place off HWT to purchase a handset and sign up for the service. There was a small crowd gathered and the c&w peeps were strutting around like kings. Their attitude was; "we're doing you a great service, for which you must be eternally grateful. Consider it a unique privilege to have access to this much coveted service"

Needless to say, i left within a min and never went back. We must be honest though and admit that Digi was/is becoming oppressive....only the advent of Claro dampened the growing arrogance

The only thing I see Digicel is guilty of is not relaxing their prices/rates. But then I asked myself...why would they have had to?

Otherwise, I do not see where Digicel is doing any misdeeds and quite frankly that is good. I don't see Digicel morphing into what C&W was wholeheartedly. But think about it...from a business standpoint. What reason did Digicel have to drop their rates to begin with? Where was the competition? Were they to perpetually drop rates/prices when in fact there was no "need" to?

I am sure if either of us were at the helm we wouldn't be singing the same "defender of the earth" tune we sing on here. Why would you be "giving away" business when there is no need to? Digicel has done and continue to do a lot for this country...an example of a good corporate citizen and it is this behaviour that has for the most part "masked" their rates/prices not to mention the many, many promotions that they have.

Digicel knew what it took to "hold" their market share and to satisfy their customers (the bulk of which weren't crying like you lots). So now...a new provider has come to stake a claim. Let's see what competition brings.

And no need for us to say Digicel was being monopolistic. Not when LIME still existed.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+