Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digicel also satisfied with wimax

Thumbs down

I have to say the $40 per mb was an insult to me, so their wimax service is gonna be really high priced. It would be nice however to have service some places you go in Jamaica without wifi and not have to pay an arm and a leg, but with how the 3 companies are coming together to jackup data costs, it doesnt look feasible for the average masses (which is 70% of Jamaica).
    Only we can save us.

its as if the consumers are just wallets to these companies.DIGI,Claro and lime are basically saying charge these 3rd world people anything and they have to eat it up.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

With this 4G(WiMax) arent we gona need new handsets dat supports it?

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    its as if the consumers are just wallets to these companies.DIGI,Claro and lime are basically saying charge these 3rd world people anything and they have to eat it up.
    thats the good part about the us, when people dont like something they just leave it where it is but in jamaica the idiots jump to every beat and dont use their brains

Wr are govern by a body so its not exactly like how u put it :0) But these cell phone ppl for real can do much better.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

well i'll wait and see, Wimax is not mainly geared towards mobile users, its more like wireless broadband for pc, - just as dsl, but the wireless version, 3g is geared towards mobile thou, they did wel in cayman giving unlimited packages, so they can always do the same here,
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

wimax is an expensive technology and the prices of the equipment aren't going down soon. So when digicel launches its services,are they going to subsidize the equipment? Hell no digicel is gonna charge high prices to turn a profit of the services.
    So who is gonna pay for that...they would be on crack for thinking that anyone would pay more that 2gs for that service....

I'll stick with my old berry plan...it coulda slow likkle more...it still doing the job...
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

how many devices supports wimax? at this moment is shud b spelt whymax?
    MB:- ECS GeForce 7050 AM2 4800+ HD:- 120 IDE, 180 SATA GC:- Palit 256mb 2400 pro Mem:- 1024 x 2 Corsair XM2.

Lets wait n see wot they are up to before we all start critizing..... i too thinks its gona cost alot but lets see 1st!

digimon Guest

Wimax is very expensive to setup from what i see. They use wimax at NCU, very stable and fast with low ping times. But i dont know how it would work for residential use (price wise)

Digicel will HAVE TO subsidize the cost somehow: http://www.google.com/products?q=wimax+devices

Cuz i dont have dem money deh!