Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wignall Not Impressed With Claro

lets see their reaction after seein the papers, i'm pretty sure they wont keep quiet, or maybe they wil
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    lets see their reaction after seein the papers, i'm pretty sure they wont keep quiet, or maybe they wil
    Interesting observation. I too wonder if they will respond and what for it will take. I dont think they are the most responsive at the best of times, much less to criticism. I guess we will see. I am really dissapointed with Claro though. The potential is there to kick some Digi derriere, but them need to come far better.

Claro Lose...yah..yah...dem lose man (as said by Betweenie Man)
    >>>>Buzz Buzz Inside<<<<

hmm a phone service is only as good as the service... if half the time you can't make calls then... Claro needs to sort this out it should not be that occasionally I am surprised that I am actually able to make or complete a call on my iphone... as wignall said on lime and digicel making calls are a no brainer on claro its still hit or miss
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

I agreed entirely with Wignall. In my opinion the article was a fair and balanced assessment of the situation with Claro. Digicel has set the bar, and right now I don't think Claro even sees the bar.

I've been thinking about getting an iPhone. I love the iPhone and I love the idea of high speed mobile Internet. However, I am not moved by Claro, their iPhone package, or the reviews of their service so far. If I do buy and iPhone, it will solely be for the sake of having an iPhone, not Claro's service. But here is another problem: I would prefer to get the iPhone from an authorized dealer as opposed to buying an unlocked on for the simple reason that I don't want complications. I know how to unlock the iPhone, I have unlocked the iPhone myself a few time (for a friend). But I don't want to have to think about waiting for updates to the unlocking tools when new firmware comes out. I want peace of mind. But right now it seems to me that the Claro network offers anything but peace of mind.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by nder View Post
    I agreed entirely with Wignall. In my opinion the article was a fair and balanced assessment of the situation with Claro. Digicel has set the bar, and right now I don't think Claro even sees the bar.

I've been thinking about getting an iPhone. I love the iPhone and I love the idea of high speed mobile Internet. However, I am not moved by Claro, their iPhone package, or the reviews of their service so far. If I do buy and iPhone, it will solely be for the sake of having an iPhone, not Claro's service. But here is another problem: I would prefer to get the iPhone from an authorized dealer as opposed to buying an unlocked on for the simple reason that I don't want complications. I know how to unlock the iPhone, I have unlocked the iPhone myself a few time (for a friend). But I don't want to have to think about waiting for updates to the unlocking tools when new firmware comes out. I want peace of mind. But right now it seems to me that the Claro network offers anything but peace of mind.
    All this without having tried the service?....I sincerely hope that you don't conduct the rest of your life on the basis of the opinion of others

claro . After hearing about the person who bought claro, I thought that they would have even surpass sour LIME by now.
    Worm di Engineer

Was there any other event other than the 'soft' launch? Is anything more expected? Time fi tighten di belt....

I tried it for bout two weeks then tossed the sim aside
    >>>>Buzz Buzz Inside<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Guy View Post
    All this without having tried the service?....I sincerely hope that you don't conduct the rest of your life on the basis of the opinion of others
    On the contrary, I'm usually the first to dive in and try new thing. However, Claro is yet to move me. I'm not as much dissuaded by the reviews of thier service as I am by the fact that the company is yet to get their act together. I've walked into Claro stores many a time and I'm just not convinced they have it together.

Additionally, there is something to be said for reviews. If a number of people coming from the opposite direction tell you that the road is blocked, why drive all the way to find out when there is a perfectly fine detour?

Experience is not always the best teacher.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com