Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CurveII Javelin or 8900... any1 with 1

3G is nice is theory yute, but battery life suffers when operating in 3g mode, and for what blackberries do, 3g dont mek that much of a difference. Try get ur hands on a 8900 and a bold an compare em.

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    for what blackberries do, 3g dont mek that much of a difference.
    Good point! I'll have 3G on my iPhone in any case. I can use that to do my web browsing. BB is just for work email.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    My GF has the Bold and I have the Javelin (I'm actually posting this from it), and I can tell you, the Jav is the way to go. The bold only has 3g over the Jav which in my book is a negative as 3g=nyam battery and I can honestly say, outside of streaming media, Edge is quite fine and fast (when using Opera Mini)

My biggest gripe (which my gf now aggrees with after swapping phones for a day), is that typing on the bold is a pain in the you kno what, especially compared to the Jav. I tried posting from her phone the day we swapped and a post the length of this one would have taken about 10 min to write with all the mistakes that typing on the bold caused. The keyboard on the Jav is similar to the curve, the keys are seperated and its not easy to press the wrong key...the bold on the other hand has all the keys joined together with a SLIGHT raise to differentiate them, making typin difficult and errors a plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by docdibble View Post
    wolffy what wrong the e71 camera. The pics better than a regular curve cam and sure you said the curve cam to u better than the bold cam. plus even though the 8900 has no 3G support it has more memory dedicated to loading apps than the bold i think thats an important selling point too other than cam. and the screen res is stated better so things look crispier on the javelin screen that bold. So really it has its selling points. i agree that the cost is a little farfetched but isnt that the case with most bb phones anyways. peeps just have to get what suits them or what they can afford. at current prices i cant get none. lol lol lol.
    My sentiments Exactly... I like the Jav and 4 what am gonna do i dont see 3g anywhere in that mix an 2 b frank it work out to b the same with the exchange rate an all to b bout nearly 49k so a jus goin buy it... thanks again 4 the imput guys really appreciate it!!
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 5.2Ghz|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe|G-Skill DDR3 8Gb(2000Mhz)|Zalman CNPS9900MAX|EVGA SSC GTX680 2GB| Corsair 32GB SSD | SG 500Gb 32mb| WD 500Gb 16mb|WD 640 Caviar Black 32mb|TT Level 10 GT w/25cm Fan|Corsair 650w TX|X-fi Titanium| OS: OSX $nowLeopard 10.6 {Hackintosh}|Ubuntu 10||Windows 7 Ult| DELL U2310 LCD

Digicel now have this phone
    http://www.digiceljamaica.com/en/pho...ne.php?id=4444

Cheaper than the bold as expected, so i dont know why some people selling it for more
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

http://getmyblackberry.com/2009/02/2...00-speed-test/

You guys should check that out...would have started a new thread, but i always cuss bout it so I'll follow my own rules.

Anyhow, notice the explanation as to why the winner wins...I have said it too that from experience, the edge on the 8900 is way faster than edge on other devices, I guess now I know why.

any chance 3g being slower in the test be ralate to the service provider and whether or not verizon/aat& are using traffic shaping to provide 3g..

was reading some article about 3g traffic shapping and what not so.. anybody wnat to replicate the test in ja?

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

Cheaper than the bold as expected, so i dont know why some people selling it for more
    I agree besides the specs on the Bold are much crazier than the Javelin...which only has a better camera and a smaller form factor than the Bold which evidently is a better model with a faster processor, with bigger onboard storage not to mention 9000 obviously does suggest a better phone as noted by the manufacturer.
    Last edited by barrettrs; Feb 26, 2009 at 05:58 AM.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

Thats about 52k not a bad price comparing some that are selling on the streets might be better u go that route only it would be locked

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    wouldn't trade ma bold for this 3.2 mp pssh ma e71 is 3.2 its like crap seen some 2mp take better pics
    DUDE that is SOOOOOOOO true, that why i got rid of mine.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    Thats about 52k not a bad price comparing some that are selling on the streets might be better u go that route only it would be locked
    How the tables have turned. It is usually the "street price" that is more competitive. Hmm.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+