Thread: xbox 2 or XENON news !!

Default xbox 2 or XENON news !!

well thsi saddens me to tears ... but the ppl at microsoft have decided to do some really dum thngs with there nex gen console.
    1 being they have scrapped wat sets the xbox apart ... the HD. yup no more damn hd.
    2 the bastards are thinkin it is more cost efficient to make the xenon console not play xbox 1 games. how dum are they. did bill gates leave?

dunt get me wrong as cost eficient as it will be ... who not gonna wanna carry dem halo 2 and play on them new xenon?

the huge plus is the processing speed and graphic capabilities ti will come with.ati designing a chip that'll allow xbox2 players to enjoy games in "HIGH DEFINITION" imho dem win with that one.

heres some more from the article.

For gamers, the new Xbox will be impressive, giving them the ability to play fast-action, realistic 3-D games on a high-definition TV set. Microsoft's emissaries have told industry developers and publishers that the next Xbox will be ready to launch in fall 2005 with the following specifications:

• Three IBM-designed 64-bit microprocessors. The combined power of these chips means the Xbox Next will have more computing power than most personal computers. Earlier versions of these PowerPC chips are used in Apple Computer's high-end G5 PowerMac machines now.

• A graphics chip designed by ATI Technologies with speeds much faster than its upcoming R400 chip for the personal computer. This chip will help the next Xbox to display games with the resolution of high-definition TV.

• Compatibility with the original Xbox, which is based on Intel and Nvidia chips, isn't guaranteed. Microsoft is concerned it would cost too much money in hardware or in licensing fees to enable the Xbox Next to play old Xbox games. This is risky in part because Sony's strategy has been to maintain compatibility with its old consoles.

``I can't imagine that Microsoft would be so insanely stupid as to make it incompatible,'' said Jon Peddie, an analyst at Jon Peddie Research in Tiburon.

Microsoft is leaving itself wiggle room to react to competitive moves by Sony and Nintendo. A few details are to be decided. In contrast with the current Xbox, the next one will have no hard disk drive -- unless Sony puts one in the PlayStation 3. Instead, the console will rely on flash memory to store saved games and permanent data, much like the current PlayStation 2.

The machine also will have about 256 megabytes of dynamic random access memory. But Microsoft will upgrade that to 512 megabytes if Sony puts in more. The previous Xbox had 64 megabytes. And lastly, it isn't clear if Microsoft will include the current DVD video technology or Blu-Ray, its successor. Blu-Ray will hold much more data, but it's unclear when it will be ready for market.

The current Xbox has an eight-gigabyte hard disk drive. That drive is useful for online games and storing game art, but many developers chose not to make use of it. As a result, Microsoft seems to have decided that saving the $50 the hard drive costs outweighs its benefits.

In telling the developers what will be in the box, Microsoft is helping them get started on games that will be ready when the console launches. But it is also soliciting feedback, and some developers are pushing Microsoft to make changes.

``I would really like to see a hard disk drive in the box,'' said Tim Sweeney, chief executive officer of Epic Games in Raleigh, N.C., who has made his opinions known to Microsoft. ``For a console to really have a useful online component, it has to have the hard drive to store downloaded maps and other data.''

Sweeney says it is dangerous for Microsoft to wait until Sony reveals the details of the PlayStation 3 or to pay too much attention to cost issues.

``Sony isn't as motivated to launch a new console because it is No. 1,'' he said. ``If Microsoft waits for them, it is in effect allowing Sony to design Microsoft's box.''

Regarding cost issues, a Microsoft spokeswoman would only say, ``Microsoft is in this for the long term.''

Developers like Sweeney say they are pleased it will be apparently easy to develop games for Microsoft's new box. That was one of the main advantages that Microsoft has had over its rivals. Current information about the PlayStation 3, sketchy as it is, indicates that it could be extremely difficult for developers to master.

The top executives of both Electronic Arts and Activision said this week that they have not received formal ``software development kits'' from Microsoft yet, but they did say they have begun creating next-generation games. Internally, Microsoft has begun developing game prototypes, and it is using G5 systems to do so.

The same developers who have seen the Microsoft specifications say Sony hasn't shared as much data with them. Sony appears to be willing to wait until 2006, in part so that it can milk the profits from the current generation PlayStation 2. In the meantime, Sony is launching an all-in-one PS 2/video recording box dubbed the PSX and the PlayStation Portable.

Microsoft's schedule may change -- it has a big meeting coming up for developers this month. But for now it appears it will release information about the new box at both the Game Developers Conference in San Jose in March and at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles in May.
    "Dont watch me ... watch TV"

Default Re: xbox 2 or XENON news !!

why is microsoft waiting for sony to make a move b4 they decide what they will do. they should be more risky. u ever see sony waitin for others to do stuff b4 they can make a decision.

If microsoft launches 1st this what i think will happen. Game developers will have to decide whether to make games for xbox 2 or ps2 (only a few companies can afford to make games for different generation consoles). the developers will choose the ps2 because it is sure its game will sell on the ps2 because a lot of people own a ps2 rather than take a big risk making a game for xbox 2 and they r not sure how many people own a xbox 2 and how many people will buy their game.
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

the should have made it compatible. and whats this 64 bit processors how much is that gonna cost??????

when xbox 2 lauches first it will give sony and nintendo a chance to make a superior console. sony has a huge fan base, the ps1 sold over 100 million consoles and the ps2 is about 70 million.

People will more likely take a risk with sony's console than microsoft. the ps2 had one of the worst list of launch titles but it still sold a lot becuase there are 10s of million of loyal fans.

I will probably get both consoles so it doesn't matter who wins to me, i am just stating facts. I am not loyal to any of these consoles
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X
    why is microsoft waiting for sony to make a move b4 they decide what they will do. they should be more risky. u ever see sony waitin for others to do stuff b4 they can make a decision.

If microsoft launches 1st this what i think will happen. Game developers will have to decide whether to make games for xbox 2 or ps2 (only a few companies can afford to make games for different generation consoles). the developers will choose the ps2 because it is sure its game will sell on the ps2 because a lot of people own a ps2 rather than take a big risk making a game for xbox 2 and they r not sure how many people own a xbox 2 and how many people will buy their game.
    well .... 1.5 million americans pre-ordered halo 2.
    i dunno if its fair to ask if the game will buy.
    maybe the whole mod chip deal with xbox kill sales ... but halo prove dat once ur game good or expected to be good u clear.
    about a million ppl pre-ordered fable.
    wait to see sales for splinter cell 3 and ninja gaiden 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X
    when xbox 2 lauches first it will give sony and nintendo a chance to make a superior console. sony has a huge fan base, the ps1 sold over 100 million consoles and the ps2 is about 70 million.

People will more likely take a risk with sony's console than microsoft. the ps2 had one of the worst list of launch titles but it still sold a lot becuase there are 10s of million of loyal fans.

I will probably get both consoles so it doesn't matter who wins to me, i am just stating facts. I am not loyal to any of these consoles
    how superior can the console be ... if microsoft changes their minds on the whole xbox one playing on xbox 2 concept and even leave in the hd. they cant lose being the first out the gate.
    remember sony sold 70 mllion ps2 cus of dem head start and the uncertaincy of wat xbox can really do. now dat games like halo and a lt of others like madden and ea sports titles represent well or even slighlty better on xbox ... fans everywhere know wat microsoft can do ... and wont double think gettin an xbox next.

how will sony top a xbox next dat put out processign speed dat resembles - 5ghz, high definition display and awesome games to begin with.

i doubt someone would not want to be the first to put out a high def game.
    u ever see the difference high def make?
    imagine madden in high def it done look and feel real already.

i think it will be major to not include a hd or xbox one compatibility .. but in the end. i gettin one and i know 1.5 mill americans atleast gettin one.
    and if the xbox 2 come b4 ps3 japanese consumers will have a chance to pounce on it and see wat it really workin wid.
    like they did with the ps2.