Thread: Nokia Phone Fumble In U.S. And Europe

Thumbs down Nokia Phone Fumble In U.S. And Europe

In The Air
    Lionel Laurent, 10.02.08, 12:30 PM EDT
    The Finnish handset-maker debuts its latest phone--but misses two big markets.

The good news about Nokia's newest touch screen phone is that it has an attractive price tag. The bad news: Customers the U.S. and most of Europe won't be able to get one this year.
    This unexpected twist to the Nokia (nyse: NOK - news - people ) touch-screen saga left industry-watchers shocked on Thursday, as the Finnish handset-maker revealed that its first ever keypad-free phone would only be released in Asia, the Middle East, Russia and Spain before the end of 2008. Although these markets accounted for more than half of Nokia's sales in the second quarter, Europe and the U.S. could have contributed a sorely needed boost to end-of-year trading.

read entire story at ...

such a pity...i am sure ppl in this region would've loved this phone....i hope it gets here soon...
    JA-MEK-I-CAN

Same thing happen with the nokia n96, phones just reaching to this part of the woods after it release so long else where, so im not looking to see that n97 till about august, sep
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1