Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux role in Microsoft's decline

If Walmart can't sell Linux PCs no one can. Dude is too self-important. Linux is such a small fish ultimately what does Microsoft care? What they worry about is Apple.

I don't know a single soul who uses Linux on their desktop who isn't a techie. If linux didn't eat into market share after microsoft waited about 5 years to release vista and on top of that vista was a piece of crap. you think linux will have a chance now that windows 7 is out? give me break! i can count on my fingers the very few people that has anything bad to say about win7.. Microsoft finally getting their act together. Linux desktop will forever remain a hobby.
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    If Walmart can't sell Linux PCs no one can. Dude is too self-important. Linux is such a small fish ultimately what does Microsoft care? What they worry about is Apple.
    "What does Microsoft care" ..are you commenting from a position of an microsoft insider or you just expressing an opinion as an ousider.Simply put, Microsoft would be in a better financial position if Linux didnt exisit

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    Linux is such a small fish ultimately what does Microsoft care? What they worry about is Apple.
    i dont even think microsoft is worried about apple because its like comparing "apples & oranges" people who needs a mac to do their work will never get windows. windows lovers only buys Macs to look cool. plus microsoft own shares in apple. There is only one competition for microsoft and thats GOOGLE. trust me if google release a version of linux they will strip away its complexity. then microsoft have somthing to worry about.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    "What does Microsoft care" ..are you commenting from a position of an microsoft insider or you just expressing an opinion as an ousider.Simply put, Microsoft would be in a better financial position if Linux didnt exisit
    A few years ago Microsoft and well everyone in the PC world was waiting for the Linux explosion. Now in the here and now Linux is only for geeks. It's doesn't really take any significant amount of business away from Microsoft. That's for the Apples and ,as Duster pointed out, the Googles of the world. Linux had it's chance.

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    I don't know a single soul who uses Linux on their desktop who isn't a techie. If linux didn't eat into market share after microsoft waited about 5 years to release vista and on top of that vista was a piece of crap. you think linux will have a chance now that windows 7 is out? give me break! i can count on my fingers the very few people that has anything bad to say about win7.. Microsoft finally getting their act together. Linux desktop will forever remain a hobby.
    MAC OS has 15 million active users, there are 52 million linux users in brazil alone, with millions more in turkey with their state funded distro, couple that with enthusiasts worldwide and you have alot of users
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

Linux is playing no role in Microsoft problems, MS did this to themselves with a lackluster Windows release, try again junkies

Quote Originally Posted by megiddo View Post
    MAC OS has 15 million active users, there are 52 million linux users in brazil alone, with millions more in turkey with their state funded distro, couple that with enthusiasts worldwide and you have alot of users
    52 million and you really believe that!
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    52 million and you really believe that!
    Really strange, 53million users yet Linux Software catalog sucks like Scientology I can bet is some article him read up and jump with glee when he saw the numbers Basically, another stunt by the fanboys.

The most popular Distro is Ubuntu, and according to the dev behind it, they estimate about 8 million users use Ubuntu regularly, so unless the majority in Brazil use some really really really dumb downed Distro then this 53mill is pure lies.