Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flat screen monitors, what's the hype about

Default Re:Flat screen monitors, what's the hype about

[quote author=matronyx link=board=3;threadid=755;start=15#msg6009 date=1053529007]
    Hey bub look behind you...
    I'm sure you see my picture on the club wall ;D

President of CRT Club
    [/quote]

Your pic was on the wall, all I saw was a wall that needed 2 coats of paint. ;D

You guys are hilarious... ;D

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=3;threadid=755;start=15#msg6019 date=1053531853]
    You guys are hilarious... ;D
    [/quote]

I think we need a lil hilari in our lives from time to time...
    that way the matrix we live in don't seem so bad

P.S. hilari and hilary clinton not related

Ahhh Bwoy,

Ropy, Flat Panels........DO NOT......produce better graphics than Flat Screen CRT's

Wheelman, Flat Panels......uses NEGLIGABLY less.....electricity.

Mark you...the potential of the Flat Panel screen technology is good, but right now it is better for heavy graphics and more economical on the pocket.

[quote author=Nastrodamus link=board=3;threadid=755;start=15#msg6035 date=1053537475]
    Ahhh Bwoy,

Wheelman, Flat Panels......uses NEGLIGABLY less.....electricity.

Mark you...the potential of the Flat Panel screen technology is good, but right now it is better for heavy graphics and more economical on the pocket.
    [/quote]

So what are you saying!!!!

NEC MultiSync LCD 1700V - 19volts - 2.65Amperes

And I'm infront of it 10hrs a day and in a room of about 40 of them, they save a whole lot.

[quote author=Nastrodamus link=board=3;threadid=755;start=15#msg6035 date=1053537475]
    [/quote]

What exactly is better for heavy graphics and more economical?

Ahhh Bwoy,

Ropy, Flat Panels........DO NOT......produce better graphics than Flat Screen CRT's

[/quote]

Actually Nas Flat Panel Produce better quality pictures than CRT

You get a better picture.
    They're brighter. Generally speaking, text and graphics are easier to see on brighter monitors. Flat-panel displays are also usually crisper. Graphics and text have sharper edges. Digital imaging is sharper. But whether you can use a digital flat panel depends on your video card. Some support analog signals, but you’ll have to check with your video card manufacturer.

correct...that was the main nag those guys at techtv had when they hosted their lan-parties earlier in the year.

that is why bruck-pakit me will wait till the overall gaming experience and price reach the same level as CRT gaming.

dudes,

Sony already solved the "fade-out" problems.. y'all need to take a look at the VAIO displays, that's why I mentioned that some LCD's are crappy whereas others aren't... again... with my baby i can still see a GOOD picture and about 150 degrees.. and with ALL the VAIOs I've seen so far, their panaromic displays are even better.

LCD's aren't great for a bunch o stuff... just like Bluetooth isn't good for networking a bunch o PC's.. however.. they're BOTH GREAT within their own right/field

will LCDs replace CRTs ... eventually yes... like about 5 years or so.. kinda like the move to replace floppies with CDs (which I half-support).. but for now.. CRTs have the masses.. I'll concede that, but LCDs have multimedia efficionados (did i spell that right ???)