Thread: Any familiar with phpnuke??????

Default Any familiar with phpnuke??????

I'm trying to get phpnuke to run on a unix hosted website and I keep getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/hugh/public_html/html/db/db.php on line 88

I have contacted my hosting company to have them look into it. To ensure that I had all the files on the server I upload then extracted the .ter file from the server. Any ideas people?

Default Re:Any familiar with phpnuke??????

My version(6.0) of nuke doesn't have that file but I trust you are using the latest version.
    Anyway this is from the Help Me Humpa website it should help you solve the problem:

1: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die()
    Even though the error reports an undefined function, that error is not worth fixing.
    The actual problem you are experiencing is merely a database connection issue.

Try the connect test script, and let me know what you get:
    http://humpa.com/news/ConnectTest.txt

... name it connecttest.php and upload it to the directory with your config.php, mainfile.php, etc. (and point your browser to it)

Here's the link to the Help Me Humpa page if that doesn't work:
    http://www.humpa.com/HelpMeHumpa/ind...?humpa_id=1#h1

hey owen thanks alot man. You were right it was a connection issue. My webhost fixed it, but now my whole site is down. Started configuring the pages when I started getting some errors untill all the the site went dead. But Hey I'll keep this info close. Put it on my site. :-\

before you commit to phpnuke at least try postnuke or xoops. Ideally you should outline your needs and choose a solution that fits them. If phpnuke fits your needs, I would say postnuke or xoops will do it better, just my thoughts.

Also if you're not committed to php look into other opensource solutions (which may be more powerful and simplier) such as zope (http://www.zope.org)

download zope. haven't tried it. But they have a lot a work to do in order to catch up to php. They've got to fix that website

If zope website was to make me use that software I would never use it, the website is full of broken links and if that the way the scrip works I don't want it

Having a built in webserver might give it and advantage. But I guess will have to see a couple a years how it developes.