Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utech (B.Sc) in Computing Assessment test

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    This is correct. There are 20-22 students per tutorial group, and there are 4 tutorial groups. Hence those that do get in, are the 'cream of the crop'.
    not sure if you could call it "cream of the crop". That expression is kinda fuzzy nowadays.

I presume they have done their tests already (and will report their findings), so lets devise a formula for determining the 80 that get accepted;

If 500 apply and 400 are boys, 50 know people, 100 of them are attractive, 200 of them are geeks beyond comparison, 350 of them have the dreamer's disease, 150 of them were forced into it by there parents and 50 of them are both smart and attractive. Then if you are right and the 80 that are chosen are in fact the "cream of the crop" then how would you workout that Venn diagram?

(I may have left out some sets for ex. people living on campus, on student loan, people for foreign countries, etc)
    Last edited by owen; Feb 21, 2009 at 01:08 PM.

Owen, you've asked a good question, but that's how it is (year after year). I've forgotten to add though that there is another group doing the same program during the evenings, and yet another group doing this degree with buisiness modules integrated (PBCMS).
    Last edited by NOKIA 3650; Feb 21, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

So i did the test this morning an let me tell u it was no walk over exam. However Most questions were trick questions and u have to use ur head to figure them out. As for the math section....its a good thing im good at math or I wudn't even have a chance.

The test lasted for 2 hours and i saw a grl finish b4 1 hour had passed. Either shes way smart or she just gave up. Oh well the more ppl give up the better chance of me getting in.

Some fat guy gave us a lecture after the exam and i think he said there was space for 200 or so ppl. I dont remember clearly but i know its more than 80.
    Last edited by sk@tta; Feb 21, 2009 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    he said there was space for 200 or so ppl. I dont remember clearly but i know its more than 80.
    UTech, has apparently added some extra classrooms and Lecture Theaters over-night. I've been attending this University for over 3 years, and they've never accepted more than ~80-89 students for the standard degree programme. Well a new building has been erected, so anthing is actually possible this year.

To all those of you who did your test today, I can only assume you did your best. For those who are scheduled to do it tomorrow, then I wish you well.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    UTech, has apparently added some extra classrooms and Lecture Theaters over-night. I've been attending this University for over 3 years, and they've never accepted more than ~80-89 students for the standard degree programme. Well a new building has been erected, so anthing is actually possible this year.

To all those of you who did your test today, I can only assume you did your best. For those who are scheduled to do it tomorrow, then I wish you well.
    why are you stumping on the man's hopes and dreams?

sk@tta What was the estimated turn out this year? and how much did the test cost?

I remember doing this test back in 2001...i was soooo worried..i read everything and tried to study only to realise none of tht helped at all...as the other guys said, its alot of logics and a little math, nutin to really worry abt...not hard to pass at all...jus be prepared to think....

BTW...anyone knows if this course is accredited as yet, i know they were trying to get it done up to when i left in 2005, but i am not sure if it got done...i hope so.
    JA-MEK-I-CAN

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    why are you stumping on the man's hopes and dreams?

sk@tta What was the estimated turn out this year? and how much did the test cost?
    Well yesterday was the first batch and roughly about 30-40 ppl were there.
    Everyone had to pay $2000 at NCB and present the receipt in order to do the exam. Damn money making scheme if u ask me cause all now i dont see what we payed for....after all its not like they provided utensils, we had to carry our own.

What if we dont get accepted then our $2000 gone down the drain.....such a draaag.

Has anyone taken the assessment test as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dthomas View Post
    Has anyone taken the assessment test as yet?
    This ended last weekend.
    HTML Code:

Ther's another test on Saturday Feb 28. 09. That's the last date for the aptitude exams.